South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Amr Zaki set to join Lebanese side Al-Ahed
The former Zamalek man has been out of action for eight months since being released by Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca, but now appears to have finalised a move to the Lebanese club.
Speaking to FIFA.com, club president Tamim Suleiman announced that the Egyptian international will sign a one-year contract on Monday.
“Negotiations took a long time,” he said. “Zaki will sign a one-year contract on Monday upon his arrival in Beirut.”
Zaki has been one of the most prominent faces of Egyptian football in the last two decades, playing a major role in the Egyptian national team’s African Cup of Nations triumphs in 2006 and 2008.
It is also worth mentioning that the former Al-Salmiya man will play under the guidance of Al Ahly legend Abdelaziz Abdelshafy ‘Zizo’ at Al-Ahed.
The Promise finished fourth in the 2013/2014 Lebanese Premier League season, seven points behind champions Al-Nejmeh, and are looking to bolster their side ahead of the new season.