Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly announce Rabia agreement with Sporting Lisbon
Rami Rabia‘s move to Sporting Lisbon has been officially confirmed by Al Ahly on Sunday night.
The 21-year-old Egyptian centre-back, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, is expected to be joining the club on a five-year deal.
Rabia has been chased by the Lisbon side since May, and the Red Devils have finally announced on their official website that they’ve reached an agreed over his sale.
Al Ahly will receive €750,000 for Rabia’s services, half of the club’s initial valuation of the defender, as well as 15% of his future sale.
Sporting, who also have Egypt international Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek among their ranks, arrived in Egypt on Sunday ahead of their friendly with Ittihad on Monday as apart of the Alexandrians’ centennial celebrations – in which only 1000 fans will be allowed to attend.
KingFut.com had exclusively revealed last month that Rabia had already agreed terms with Sporting, and the club’s CAF Confederation Cup match with Sewe Sport would be his last for the Cairo giants ahead of his move to Lisbon.
Rabia, who has two goals in eight caps for Egypt, is an immediate replacement for central defender Eric Dier, who was transferred to Tottenham Hotspur from Sporting Lisbon on Saturday.
It is worth noting that the Egyptian duo of Rabia and Shikabala will likely both feature in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League as Sporting finished second in the Liga ZON Sagres last season.