Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
OFFICIAL: Al Ahly announce Rabia agreement with Sporting Lisbon
Rami Rabia‘s move to Sporting Lisbon has been officially confirmed by Al Ahly on Sunday night.
The 21-year-old Egyptian centre-back, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, is expected to be joining the club on a five-year deal.
Rabia has been chased by the Lisbon side since May, and the Red Devils have finally announced on their official website that they’ve reached an agreed over his sale.
Al Ahly will receive €750,000 for Rabia’s services, half of the club’s initial valuation of the defender, as well as 15% of his future sale.
Sporting, who also have Egypt international Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek among their ranks, arrived in Egypt on Sunday ahead of their friendly with Ittihad on Monday as apart of the Alexandrians’ centennial celebrations – in which only 1000 fans will be allowed to attend.
KingFut.com had exclusively revealed last month that Rabia had already agreed terms with Sporting, and the club’s CAF Confederation Cup match with Sewe Sport would be his last for the Cairo giants ahead of his move to Lisbon.
Rabia, who has two goals in eight caps for Egypt, is an immediate replacement for central defender Eric Dier, who was transferred to Tottenham Hotspur from Sporting Lisbon on Saturday.
It is worth noting that the Egyptian duo of Rabia and Shikabala will likely both feature in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League as Sporting finished second in the Liga ZON Sagres last season.