Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Rami Rabia writes open farewell letter to Al Ahly fans
Rabia has been an integral part of the Al Ahly set-up since making his debut as a youngster in a win against Haras El-Hodoud in the 2010/2011 season.
The Al Ahly youth product finalised his move to the Lions on Monday for a reported €750,000, and took to his Instagram account to thank his boyhood club, stating that he has “loved this club” since he was a child.
“The greatest fans and the greatest club in the universe,” he wrote. “I have loved this club ever since I was a child, my time there has been the greatest in my life.
“Twelve years at Al Ahly have left endless memories and countless honours.
“The most difficult decision ever was to travel abroad and leave the greatest fanbase in the world; quite simply, Al Ahly is the love of my life.
“Please pray that I succeed in my next destination, and hopefully I’ll return one day,” he concluded.
Rabia has won two Egyptian Premier League titles, two CAF Champions Leagues, and two CAF Super Cups with the Red Devils.