Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Zizo forced off with injury as Lierse suffer first loss of the season
Club Brugge won their second match of the season at home against Lierse SK, a match in which Egyptian youngster Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ came off injured.
Brugge, playing at home, began the match strongly, forcing all of Zizo’s colleagues into their own half.
Early in the first half, Lior Refaelov requested a penalty be awarded to his side as he went down inside the box after a cheeky dribble, however none was given.
In the 14th minute, Castillo took a 110 km/h 25-meter free-kick which was saved by Lierse goalkeeper Ihor Berezovsky miraculously.
Lierse later showed that they wanted to bag the three points. Two chances in quick succession through a Hernán Losada corner and later the same player headed the ball just wide.
The Yellow-Blacks were good at the back too as they defended flawlessly against the numerous Brugge attacks, keeping the scoreline at 0-0 until Refaelov scored the only goal in the match with a beautiful curling free-kick, leaving Berezovsky’s feet planted.
In an attempt to grab a point, Faysel Kasmi came on for Thomas Wils at the beginning of the 2nd half.
Throughout the whole second-half both sides looked close to scoring a goal. However in the 62nd minute, young Egyptian attacking midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ was substituted following a hamstring injury and was replaced by Apostolos Vellios.
All hopes of a 1-1 scoreline for the visitors vanished in the 88th minute when Ludovic Buysens received his second yellow.
Brazilian Fernando Menegazzo, who appears to be a great purchase so far for Brugge, was named the Man of the Match as the hosts held on to the 1-0 scoreline.
A player sent off and another injured was the salt in the wound of Lierse’s loss, a side that looked at times capable of equalising. The Belgians are expected to announce more details concerning the extent of Zizo’s injury.