A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Elmohamady excited for Hull City’s first home European tie
Ahmed Elmohamady is looking forward to play in Hull City’s first-ever home competitive European match against Slovakian side FK AS Trencin on Thursday.
The two sides played out a a 0-0 draw in the first leg in the Slovakian city of Zilina last week, with the Tigers looking to win the second leg at home and advance to the Europa League group stages.
The 26-year-old Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady spoke with HullCityTigers.com about his excitement for the huge tie.
Elmo said: “It is a big first for Hull City, our first home game in Europe and I am sure the fans want to be part of that. I think they will come and the stadium will be full and, hopefully, we can get the result that will make the city and our fans happy.”
Elmohamady was disappointed that his side didn’t go into this game with a victory, however he believes they have what it takes to advance.
“When a game is 0-0 after one leg, it can be tough, anything can happen. An away goal can go in and change things, but if we train well this week and concentrate on our jobs, I believe we can get the result.”
Elmo, eager to play in the Europa League added: “We want to get into the group stage. Everyone is desperate to make it – and play against the big teams of Europe.”
“That would be great for the fans, too – and everyone to do with Hull. This is such a big game, an extra week of pre-season training will help. We are still in pre-season and we will adjust.
“We will look to go forward more and win the game. We have to win the match and we will do everything to make that happen.”
All quotes from HullCityTigers.com