Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Official: Fathallah departs Zamalek for Tala’a El-Gaish
Zamalek’s centre-back Mahmoud Fathallah will be joining Tala’a El-Gaish’s upcoming training sessions after officially signing with the Army’s Vanguards on a one-year contract.
The 32-year-old defender’s contract with Zamalek ended this year, however the two sides were not able to agree on a renewal that satisfied both parties; consequently Fathallah moved to Tala’a El-Gaish on a free transfer.
“I prayed to God before signing and I am happy with the persistence of the club’s officials,” Fathallah told reporters after putting pen-to-paper.
Fathallah joined Zamalek from Ghazl El-Mahalla in 2007, scoring 29 goals in 107 matches.
The centre-back is the third Egypt international to join the military side this summer, following the arrivals of El-Sayed Hamdy and Ahmed Shedid from Al Ahly earlier this week.
On Tuesday, the club sold Liberian striker William Jebor – who was the league’s top scorer during the 2012/2013 season – to Portuguese side Rio Ave, for a reported €200,000.