Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Hosni Abd-Rabo extends Ismaily contract
Hosni Abd-Rabo has signed a new 3-year contract with Ismaily following speculation over his future.
The 29 year-old veteran had reached the end of his contract with the club he began his career with, making him a free agent.
On Monday, he confirmed that Zamalek and Mortada Mansour held an interest in acquiring his services if the Dervishes failed to renew his contract by the end of the week and pay him his overdue wages.
According to the club’s official website however, the Caesar as he’s commonly known as by fans, met with the board on Tuesday evening and has found an agreement that will see him stay with the club for three more seasons, settling the financial dispute in the process.
Abd-Rabo’s renewal will come to the delight of Ismaily fans as the Caesar has firmly established himself as a club icon over the years, having never played for another Egyptian club. He has previously had stints with Strasbourg in France, Al Ahli Dubai in the UAE, and Ittihad FC and Al Nassr FC in Saudi Arabia.
He is also an integral part of the Egyptian national team having nearly reached 100 caps and playing a key role in securing back-to-back African Cup of Nations trophies with the Pharaohs in 2008 and 2010.