Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Hosni Abd-Rabo extends Ismaily contract
Hosni Abd-Rabo has signed a new 3-year contract with Ismaily following speculation over his future.
The 29 year-old veteran had reached the end of his contract with the club he began his career with, making him a free agent.
On Monday, he confirmed that Zamalek and Mortada Mansour held an interest in acquiring his services if the Dervishes failed to renew his contract by the end of the week and pay him his overdue wages.
According to the club’s official website however, the Caesar as he’s commonly known as by fans, met with the board on Tuesday evening and has found an agreement that will see him stay with the club for three more seasons, settling the financial dispute in the process.
Abd-Rabo’s renewal will come to the delight of Ismaily fans as the Caesar has firmly established himself as a club icon over the years, having never played for another Egyptian club. He has previously had stints with Strasbourg in France, Al Ahli Dubai in the UAE, and Ittihad FC and Al Nassr FC in Saudi Arabia.
He is also an integral part of the Egyptian national team having nearly reached 100 caps and playing a key role in securing back-to-back African Cup of Nations trophies with the Pharaohs in 2008 and 2010.