Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Hosni Abd-Rabo extends Ismaily contract
Hosni Abd-Rabo has signed a new 3-year contract with Ismaily following speculation over his future.
The 29 year-old veteran had reached the end of his contract with the club he began his career with, making him a free agent.
On Monday, he confirmed that Zamalek and Mortada Mansour held an interest in acquiring his services if the Dervishes failed to renew his contract by the end of the week and pay him his overdue wages.
According to the club’s official website however, the Caesar as he’s commonly known as by fans, met with the board on Tuesday evening and has found an agreement that will see him stay with the club for three more seasons, settling the financial dispute in the process.
Abd-Rabo’s renewal will come to the delight of Ismaily fans as the Caesar has firmly established himself as a club icon over the years, having never played for another Egyptian club. He has previously had stints with Strasbourg in France, Al Ahli Dubai in the UAE, and Ittihad FC and Al Nassr FC in Saudi Arabia.
He is also an integral part of the Egyptian national team having nearly reached 100 caps and playing a key role in securing back-to-back African Cup of Nations trophies with the Pharaohs in 2008 and 2010.