The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Official: Algeria’s Taïder joins Southampton on loan
Algerian World Cup star Saphir Taïder has moved to Southampton on a season-long loan, as a part of Osvaldo’s transfer to Inter Milan.
The French-born Algeria international will ply his trade at St Mary’s until June 2015, with an option to make the move permanent.
Taïder started his senior footballing career at then-Ligue 1 side Grenoble Foot in the 2009-10 season, before moving Bologna to in 2011 and eventually making the move to Inter two years later.
The 22-year-old midfielder played a significant role this summer as the Desert Foxes made their first-ever round of 16 appearance, before bowing out to Germany in a narrow 2-1 defeat.
Southampton finished 8th in the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season, as the team led by Mauricio Pochettino -who now manages Tottenham- won over many admirers with their attractive brand of football.
The Saints’ success came at a price though, as no fewer than 5 star players were poached by elite English teams, and Koeman is looking for quality replacements similar to Taïder.
Southampton will kick off the new Premier League season away to Liverpool – last season’s runners up – on the 17th of August, and Taïder will probably be a part of the Algerian squad that will begin their 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifying campaign away to Ethiopia in a month’s time.