KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Official: Rio Ave sign ‘Iron Man’ William Jebor from Tala’a El-Gaish
The 22-year-old Liberian striker – who last season was on loan at Al-Ahly Tripoli in Libya – has officially joined Rio Ave on a four-year deal, as confirmed by the Portuguese club’s official website.
According to Esportana.com, Tala’a El-Gaish eventually accepted a €200,000 offer with a 10% sell-on clause from Rio Ave, after initially turning down a €100,000 bid, while demanding €450,000.
Rio Ave’s Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ revealed that Jebor had begun training with the team last month, and he has now finally signed for the Vila do Conde side on Tuesday.
The former El-Gaish and Tersana forward was quickly given the nickname of ‘Iron Man’ by his new club, who were blown away by his physical fitness level – which they say is higher than that of a bodybuilder’s.
Jebor was heavily linked with Gil Vicente and Zamalek this summer, with the latter club’s chairman Mortada Mansour going as far as swearing on the striker’s mother’s grave that the player would play for the Whites next year.
The Liberian was the 2012/13 Egyptian Premier League top goalscorer before the season’s cancellation with 10 goals in 9 matches.