Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Official: Rio Ave sign ‘Iron Man’ William Jebor from Tala’a El-Gaish
The 22-year-old Liberian striker – who last season was on loan at Al-Ahly Tripoli in Libya – has officially joined Rio Ave on a four-year deal, as confirmed by the Portuguese club’s official website.
According to Esportana.com, Tala’a El-Gaish eventually accepted a €200,000 offer with a 10% sell-on clause from Rio Ave, after initially turning down a €100,000 bid, while demanding €450,000.
Rio Ave’s Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ revealed that Jebor had begun training with the team last month, and he has now finally signed for the Vila do Conde side on Tuesday.
The former El-Gaish and Tersana forward was quickly given the nickname of ‘Iron Man’ by his new club, who were blown away by his physical fitness level – which they say is higher than that of a bodybuilder’s.
Jebor was heavily linked with Gil Vicente and Zamalek this summer, with the latter club’s chairman Mortada Mansour going as far as swearing on the striker’s mother’s grave that the player would play for the Whites next year.
The Liberian was the 2012/13 Egyptian Premier League top goalscorer before the season’s cancellation with 10 goals in 9 matches.