AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Official: Rio Ave sign ‘Iron Man’ William Jebor from Tala’a El-Gaish
The 22-year-old Liberian striker – who last season was on loan at Al-Ahly Tripoli in Libya – has officially joined Rio Ave on a four-year deal, as confirmed by the Portuguese club’s official website.
According to Esportana.com, Tala’a El-Gaish eventually accepted a €200,000 offer with a 10% sell-on clause from Rio Ave, after initially turning down a €100,000 bid, while demanding €450,000.
Rio Ave’s Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ revealed that Jebor had begun training with the team last month, and he has now finally signed for the Vila do Conde side on Tuesday.
The former El-Gaish and Tersana forward was quickly given the nickname of ‘Iron Man’ by his new club, who were blown away by his physical fitness level – which they say is higher than that of a bodybuilder’s.
Jebor was heavily linked with Gil Vicente and Zamalek this summer, with the latter club’s chairman Mortada Mansour going as far as swearing on the striker’s mother’s grave that the player would play for the Whites next year.
The Liberian was the 2012/13 Egyptian Premier League top goalscorer before the season’s cancellation with 10 goals in 9 matches.