Egypt clinched the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship title after beating...
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
Official: Rio Ave sign ‘Iron Man’ William Jebor from Tala’a El-Gaish
The 22-year-old Liberian striker – who last season was on loan at Al-Ahly Tripoli in Libya – has officially joined Rio Ave on a four-year deal, as confirmed by the Portuguese club’s official website.
According to Esportana.com, Tala’a El-Gaish eventually accepted a €200,000 offer with a 10% sell-on clause from Rio Ave, after initially turning down a €100,000 bid, while demanding €450,000.
Rio Ave’s Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ revealed that Jebor had begun training with the team last month, and he has now finally signed for the Vila do Conde side on Tuesday.
The former El-Gaish and Tersana forward was quickly given the nickname of ‘Iron Man’ by his new club, who were blown away by his physical fitness level – which they say is higher than that of a bodybuilder’s.
Jebor was heavily linked with Gil Vicente and Zamalek this summer, with the latter club’s chairman Mortada Mansour going as far as swearing on the striker’s mother’s grave that the player would play for the Whites next year.
The Liberian was the 2012/13 Egyptian Premier League top goalscorer before the season’s cancellation with 10 goals in 9 matches.