Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Official: Smouha sign second Ghanaian striker
Egyptian Premier League side Smouha have signed Ghanaian forward Abdul Aziz Yusif from Kumasi Asante Kotoko.
In order to replace outgoing strikers and parade a strong side for next season – where they will compete in their maiden CAF Champions League campaign – Smouha are taking full advantage of this summer’s transfer window.
The club confirmed on their official website on Tuesday that they have finalized the necessary requirements to snatch Ghanaian striker Abdul Aziz Yusif from Kotoko, but failed to reveal the duration and contract fee.
However, it’s believed to be a deal worth $150,000, with the striker signing a three-year contract.
Abdul Aziz played a key part in Kotoko’s historical domestic double last season, scoring 7 goals and featuring 19 times.
The 22-year-old has joined compatriot and former Asante Kotoko team-mate Seidu Bancey after the latter joined Smouha some few weeks ago.
The Ghanaian duo arrive as vital reinforcements following the departures of three of the Alexandrian club’s strikers – Hamada Yehia to Al Masry, Ernest Papa Arko to Arab Contractors and Hany El-Egeizy’s contract came to an end.
Joining Kotoko from Real Tamale United in January last year, Yusif was on his way to Ismaily but the Egyptian Premier League side’s initial $100,000 offer fell through.