Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Official: Smouha sign second Ghanaian striker
Egyptian Premier League side Smouha have signed Ghanaian forward Abdul Aziz Yusif from Kumasi Asante Kotoko.
In order to replace outgoing strikers and parade a strong side for next season – where they will compete in their maiden CAF Champions League campaign – Smouha are taking full advantage of this summer’s transfer window.
The club confirmed on their official website on Tuesday that they have finalized the necessary requirements to snatch Ghanaian striker Abdul Aziz Yusif from Kotoko, but failed to reveal the duration and contract fee.
However, it’s believed to be a deal worth $150,000, with the striker signing a three-year contract.
Abdul Aziz played a key part in Kotoko’s historical domestic double last season, scoring 7 goals and featuring 19 times.
The 22-year-old has joined compatriot and former Asante Kotoko team-mate Seidu Bancey after the latter joined Smouha some few weeks ago.
The Ghanaian duo arrive as vital reinforcements following the departures of three of the Alexandrian club’s strikers – Hamada Yehia to Al Masry, Ernest Papa Arko to Arab Contractors and Hany El-Egeizy’s contract came to an end.
Joining Kotoko from Real Tamale United in January last year, Yusif was on his way to Ismaily but the Egyptian Premier League side’s initial $100,000 offer fell through.