After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Official: Zamalek legend Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed joins Misr El-Maqassa
The former Zamalek captain left the club after former coach Ahmed Hossam “Mido” stated that Abdel-Wahed will not play for them next season.
Zamalek have since released other club veterans including Mahmoud Fathallah and Nour El-Sayed following a spending spree by club president Mortada Mansour which saw a number of arrivals towards the end of the domestic season.
Mortada Mansour offered the club legend a role as football director, however El-Sayed feels as though his career as a player has not yet come to an end.
He reportedly had offers from the Qatari league but has opted to stay in Egypt instead.
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed also issued an official complaint to the Egyptian Federation because of overdue wages estimated to be around 7.3 million pounds.