Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Official: Zamalek legend Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed joins Misr El-Maqassa
The former Zamalek captain left the club after former coach Ahmed Hossam “Mido” stated that Abdel-Wahed will not play for them next season.
Zamalek have since released other club veterans including Mahmoud Fathallah and Nour El-Sayed following a spending spree by club president Mortada Mansour which saw a number of arrivals towards the end of the domestic season.
Mortada Mansour offered the club legend a role as football director, however El-Sayed feels as though his career as a player has not yet come to an end.
He reportedly had offers from the Qatari league but has opted to stay in Egypt instead.
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed also issued an official complaint to the Egyptian Federation because of overdue wages estimated to be around 7.3 million pounds.