Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
Hull City, Rio Ave, Grasshoppers & Nacional Europa League ties released
The Egyptians have made it to the play-off stages after some stunning results, with Elmohamady last night becoming Hull City’s first-ever European competition goalscorer in a 2-1 comeback win over Slovaian side AS Trencin, after a 0-0 first leg.
Koka also featured heavily in Rio Ave’s two legs, claiming a Man of the Match in the first leg after scoring what turned out to be the tie-deciding goal in Sweden against IFK Göteborg. CD Nacional, who boasts 4 Egyptians, made it directly to the final play-off stage based on their standing in the 2013/2014 Portuguese league.
Hull City will be travelling to Belgium to play Lokeren in the first leg of the two-legged tie before hosting the return leg at the KC stadium, with Rio Ave doing the exact same, travelling to Sweden to play Elfsborg before a return leg in Portugal.
Mahmoud Kahraba’s Grasshopper Club, who exited into the UEFA Europa League play-offs following a 3-1 aggregate loss in Champions League qualifying against Lille, will also take on Belgian opposition in Club Brugge.
CD Nacional have been given a slightly harder draw, travelling to Belarus for the first leg against Dynamo Minsk. The second leg will be played in Madeira.
The games, scheduled to be played on the 21st of August and the 28th of August, are a great opportunity for many of the Egyptians in Europe at the moment to get some European experience, regardless of whether they make the group stages.