Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Hull City, Rio Ave, Grasshoppers & Nacional Europa League ties released
The Egyptians have made it to the play-off stages after some stunning results, with Elmohamady last night becoming Hull City’s first-ever European competition goalscorer in a 2-1 comeback win over Slovaian side AS Trencin, after a 0-0 first leg.
Koka also featured heavily in Rio Ave’s two legs, claiming a Man of the Match in the first leg after scoring what turned out to be the tie-deciding goal in Sweden against IFK Göteborg. CD Nacional, who boasts 4 Egyptians, made it directly to the final play-off stage based on their standing in the 2013/2014 Portuguese league.
Hull City will be travelling to Belgium to play Lokeren in the first leg of the two-legged tie before hosting the return leg at the KC stadium, with Rio Ave doing the exact same, travelling to Sweden to play Elfsborg before a return leg in Portugal.
Mahmoud Kahraba’s Grasshopper Club, who exited into the UEFA Europa League play-offs following a 3-1 aggregate loss in Champions League qualifying against Lille, will also take on Belgian opposition in Club Brugge.
CD Nacional have been given a slightly harder draw, travelling to Belarus for the first leg against Dynamo Minsk. The second leg will be played in Madeira.
The games, scheduled to be played on the 21st of August and the 28th of August, are a great opportunity for many of the Egyptians in Europe at the moment to get some European experience, regardless of whether they make the group stages.