Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
El-Nenny extends contract with FC Basel until 2018
The 22-year-old Egypt international joined Basel on loan in 2013 from Arab Contractors, before signing permanently on a four-year deal towards the end of that season.
El-Nenny has made 76 appearances for the Swiss club, winning two Swiss Super League titles in two consecutive seasons.
“FC Basel 1893 is pleased to announce the contract extension with Egyptian midfielder Mohamed El-neny (22). The new contract is valid until June 30, 2018th,” Basel said in a statement on their website.
The confirmation should end speculation surrounding El-Nenny’s future with the Swiss club, as his agent previously mentioned there was English Premier League interest for the Egyptian.