Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
El-Nenny extends contract with FC Basel until 2018
The 22-year-old Egypt international joined Basel on loan in 2013 from Arab Contractors, before signing permanently on a four-year deal towards the end of that season.
El-Nenny has made 76 appearances for the Swiss club, winning two Swiss Super League titles in two consecutive seasons.
“FC Basel 1893 is pleased to announce the contract extension with Egyptian midfielder Mohamed El-neny (22). The new contract is valid until June 30, 2018th,” Basel said in a statement on their website.
The confirmation should end speculation surrounding El-Nenny’s future with the Swiss club, as his agent previously mentioned there was English Premier League interest for the Egyptian.