Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
OFFICIAL: Rami Rabia joins Sporting Lisbon from Al Ahly
Egypt international defender Rami Rabia has officially joined Sporting Lisbon for €750,000 on Saturday night.
KingFut.com had exclusively revealed last month that Rabia had already agreed terms with Sporting, and he has now officially completed the move to Lisbon from Al Ahly.
The 21-year-old played 26 times for the Red Devils before signing a six-year contract with the Portuguese side.
The deal also includes a €45 million release clause, while Al Ahly will get 15% of any future sale.
Centre-back Rabia, who can also play as a defensive midfielder or right-back, has been capped eight times by Egypt, scoring twice.
Rabia also captained Egypt’s U-20 side to an African U-20 Championship title in 2013 – the first time in a decade for the Young Pharaohs.
By joining Sporting, Rabia becomes the 10th Egyptian playing in Portugal and will play alongside compatriot Shikabala.
The duo will likely both feature in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League as Sporting finished second in the Primeira Liga last season.