Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
OFFICIAL: Rami Rabia joins Sporting Lisbon from Al Ahly
KingFut.com had exclusively revealed last month that Rabia had already agreed terms with Sporting, and he has now officially completed the move to Lisbon from Al Ahly.
The 21-year-old played 26 times for the Red Devils before signing a six-year contract with the Portuguese side.
The deal also includes a €45 million release clause, while Al Ahly will get 15% of any future sale.
Centre-back Rabia, who can also play as a defensive midfielder or right-back, has been capped eight times by Egypt, scoring twice.
Rabia also captained Egypt’s U-20 side to an African U-20 Championship title in 2013 – the first time in a decade for the Young Pharaohs.
By joining Sporting, Rabia becomes the 10th Egyptian playing in Portugal and will play alongside compatriot Shikabala.
The duo will likely both feature in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League as Sporting finished second in the Primeira Liga last season.