Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
AS Vita Club knock Zamalek out of Champions League
AS Vita defeated Zamalek 1-0 on Sunday at the Alexandria Stadium to book themselves a place in the semi-finals of the CAF Champions League.
In Hossam Hassan’s first official game since returning to the Zamalek dugout, the Royals were knocked out courtesy of a goal by Jounior Yunus Sentamu.
Zamalek’s Starting XI: Mohamed Abou-Gabal – Ahmed Duiedar – Hamada Tolba – Mohamed Abdul-Shafi – Ahmed Tawfik – Omar Gamal – Momen Zakaria – Mohamed Koffi – Moustafa Fathi – Ahmed Ali – Khaled Kamar
Vita Club’s Starting XI: Lukong Bongaman – Ebunga Simbi – Pafulla – Bawaka Mabele – Jounior Yunus Sentamu – Mampuya Lema – Mbala Ndombe – Omba Munganga – Lema Mabidi – Guy Lusadisu Basisila – Luvumbu Nzinga
Five minutes into the game, Mo’men Zakaria found Khaled Kamar who tried to finish past Bongaman, but the latter managed to clear the ball.
Abou-Gabal was tested by Vita’s Luvumbu Heritier when the latter unleashed a stinging strike; however, the former ENPPI man managed to clear it out for a corner.
Ahmed Ali missed a glorious opportunity to put the Whites ahead when his header from six-yards out went wide of the post.
Mostafa Fathy started Zamalek’s attacking onslaught when his powerful strike hit the bar.
Les Dauphins Noirs took the lead minutes later when Jounior Yunus Sentamu capitalised on Abou-Gabal’s fatal mistake to put his side ahead.
Fathi tried to get Zamalek back into the game when he whipped in a magnificent cross to Khaled Kamar who failed to guide his header into the net.
Substitute Youssef Ibrahim ‘Obama’ was able to equalise four minutes into injury time, however his goal was ruled out for offside.