Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
AS Vita Club knock Zamalek out of Champions League
In Hossam Hassan’s first official game since returning to the Zamalek dugout, the Royals were knocked out courtesy of a goal by Jounior Yunus Sentamu.
Zamalek’s Starting XI: Mohamed Abou-Gabal – Ahmed Duiedar – Hamada Tolba – Mohamed Abdul-Shafi – Ahmed Tawfik – Omar Gamal – Momen Zakaria – Mohamed Koffi – Moustafa Fathi – Ahmed Ali – Khaled Kamar
Vita Club’s Starting XI: Lukong Bongaman – Ebunga Simbi – Pafulla – Bawaka Mabele – Jounior Yunus Sentamu – Mampuya Lema – Mbala Ndombe – Omba Munganga – Lema Mabidi – Guy Lusadisu Basisila – Luvumbu Nzinga
Five minutes into the game, Mo’men Zakaria found Khaled Kamar who tried to finish past Bongaman, but the latter managed to clear the ball.
Abou-Gabal was tested by Vita’s Luvumbu Heritier when the latter unleashed a stinging strike; however, the former ENPPI man managed to clear it out for a corner.
Ahmed Ali missed a glorious opportunity to put the Whites ahead when his header from six-yards out went wide of the post.
Mostafa Fathy started Zamalek’s attacking onslaught when his powerful strike hit the bar.
Les Dauphins Noirs took the lead minutes later when Jounior Yunus Sentamu capitalised on Abou-Gabal’s fatal mistake to put his side ahead.
Fathi tried to get Zamalek back into the game when he whipped in a magnificent cross to Khaled Kamar who failed to guide his header into the net.
Substitute Youssef Ibrahim ‘Obama’ was able to equalise four minutes into injury time, however his goal was ruled out for offside.