Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Egypt-Ethiopia friendly match in doubt
Egypt’s scheduled friendly international against Ethiopia is in doubt following the Ethiopian FA’s request to change the date of the match.
Ethiopia on Monday asked if the match could be played on August 26 or 28 instead of the original August 30 date, citing conflicts with the schedule of its national team.
If the Egyptian FA does not agree to the requested change, the Pharaohs may have to go without any friendly matches ahead of their opening 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia early next month.
Egypt begins a 10-day training camp in the southern Egyptian city of Aswan on August 25.
“We chose Upper Egypt because the climate is similar to that of Senegal’s,” said manager Shawky Gharib in a statement last week.
Egypt has not qualified for the tournament since winning it a record third time in a row in 2010.