Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Egypt-Ethiopia friendly match in doubt
Egypt’s scheduled friendly international against Ethiopia is in doubt following the Ethiopian FA’s request to change the date of the match.
Ethiopia on Monday asked if the match could be played on August 26 or 28 instead of the original August 30 date, citing conflicts with the schedule of its national team.
If the Egyptian FA does not agree to the requested change, the Pharaohs may have to go without any friendly matches ahead of their opening 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia early next month.
Egypt begins a 10-day training camp in the southern Egyptian city of Aswan on August 25.
“We chose Upper Egypt because the climate is similar to that of Senegal’s,” said manager Shawky Gharib in a statement last week.
Egypt has not qualified for the tournament since winning it a record third time in a row in 2010.