An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Egypt-Ethiopia friendly match in doubt
Egypt’s scheduled friendly international against Ethiopia is in doubt following the Ethiopian FA’s request to change the date of the match.
Ethiopia on Monday asked if the match could be played on August 26 or 28 instead of the original August 30 date, citing conflicts with the schedule of its national team.
If the Egyptian FA does not agree to the requested change, the Pharaohs may have to go without any friendly matches ahead of their opening 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia early next month.
Egypt begins a 10-day training camp in the southern Egyptian city of Aswan on August 25.
“We chose Upper Egypt because the climate is similar to that of Senegal’s,” said manager Shawky Gharib in a statement last week.
Egypt has not qualified for the tournament since winning it a record third time in a row in 2010.