Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Egypt-Ethiopia friendly match in doubt
Egypt’s scheduled friendly international against Ethiopia is in doubt following the Ethiopian FA’s request to change the date of the match.
Ethiopia on Monday asked if the match could be played on August 26 or 28 instead of the original August 30 date, citing conflicts with the schedule of its national team.
If the Egyptian FA does not agree to the requested change, the Pharaohs may have to go without any friendly matches ahead of their opening 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Senegal and Tunisia early next month.
Egypt begins a 10-day training camp in the southern Egyptian city of Aswan on August 25.
“We chose Upper Egypt because the climate is similar to that of Senegal’s,” said manager Shawky Gharib in a statement last week.
Egypt has not qualified for the tournament since winning it a record third time in a row in 2010.