Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Former Arsenal youth striker Adewole joins Egyptian club Al-Ragaa
Nigerian forward Emmanuel Adewole will start playing with Egyptian minnows Al-Ragaa after signing a two-year contract.
Al-Ragaa are said to have struck a deal worth over €310,000 (approximately 3 million EGP) to acquire Emmanuel ‘Wonder’ Adewole’s services.
The 24-year-old Nigerian striker started his football career in the Arsenal Academy, the youth team of the Gunners, before moving to the United States where he continued playing football in the USL Premier Development League.
He will be playing with his new team in some friendly matches before playing in the Egyptian Premier League for the first time in September.
“Al Ahly, Zamalek and Ittihad all wanted to sign me but I decided not to go there because I wanted to create my own history in the league with an upcoming team,” Adewole told fcnaija.com.
Adewole who is usually called by his middle name, Wonder, played in Norway, Romania and Italy before coming to Egypt.
“I decided to come play for Raga (Marsa) Matruh after speaking to the president and coaching staff,” Wonder stated.
Adewole is qualified to play for his country of origin’s national team, as well as the United States national team as he holds American citizenship.