Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Official: Ghana’s Atsu completes loan switch to Everton
The deal to bring former FC Porto winger to Everton has now been completed after the Ghanaian passed a medical on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old, who has made 26 appearances for Ghana, is yet to make his Blues debut following a £3.5 million switch from Portuguese outfit Porto in September 2013.
“I’m very happy to be joining Everton because it’s a great club, which likes to play football, and it’s a great pleasure to be here,” Atsu told evertonTv. “Playing in the Premier League has always been a dream for me and I have achieved that dream.
He spent the 2013/14 campaign on loan at Dutch club Vitesse, making 28 appearances and scoring five goals.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Martinez said:
“He’s a player who fits in with the culture and the way we want to play. He’s a very gifted technical footballer and he’s got the right personality and character to fit in with the group, which is vital.
“He will excite fans because he brings something completely different and a different way of playing to what we’ve got in the squad.
“He’s a left-footed player who loves taking people on and he’s got a really good understanding of the game for such a young man.
“He also brings extra competition in a position in which we felt we needed a player full of desire and hunger, who really wants to make things happen in the final third of the pitch.”
The signing of Egypt’s Mohamed Salah last January came as additional competition for the Ghanaian midfielder; a good number of minutes at Goodison Park could cause a headache for Jose Mourinho ahead of the 2014/2015 season.
Atsu has scored 5 goals in just over 20 appearances for Ghana – including a superb strike against Egypt in the 6-1 thrashing.