Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Official: Morocco’s Barrada signs for Marseille
Barrada has played for US Sénart-Moissy and Paris Saint-Germain’s B side in the past, and is no stranger to France having been born in the northern commune of Provins.
After his stint in France, Barrada moved to Spain, where he signed with Getafe’s B team in 2010, and signed his first professional contract with the Madrid-based club in early 2011.
The talented midfielder was promoted to the first team at the beginning of the 2011-12 season, and went on to score 8 goals and provide 7 assists in 64 games.
The highlight of his time at Getafe came in August 2012, when Barrada scored the winning goal in a famous 2-1 victory over city rivals Real Madrid.
In the summer of 2013, Al-Jazira – who are based in Abu-Dhabi and play in the UAE Arabian Gulf League – secured the services of the 25-year old, signing him to a four-year deal.
However, after just one season in the United Arab Emirates which yielded 10 goals, Barrada has moved again, this time to the south of France.
New manager Marcelo Bielsa is part of an ambitious project to restore Marseille to its former glories, and the 1992-93 Champions League winners will be eager to kick-start their season with a win against Montpellier on Sunday after drawing the first game of the season.