Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Official: Morocco’s Barrada signs for Marseille
Barrada has played for US Sénart-Moissy and Paris Saint-Germain’s B side in the past, and is no stranger to France having been born in the northern commune of Provins.
After his stint in France, Barrada moved to Spain, where he signed with Getafe’s B team in 2010, and signed his first professional contract with the Madrid-based club in early 2011.
The talented midfielder was promoted to the first team at the beginning of the 2011-12 season, and went on to score 8 goals and provide 7 assists in 64 games.
The highlight of his time at Getafe came in August 2012, when Barrada scored the winning goal in a famous 2-1 victory over city rivals Real Madrid.
In the summer of 2013, Al-Jazira – who are based in Abu-Dhabi and play in the UAE Arabian Gulf League – secured the services of the 25-year old, signing him to a four-year deal.
However, after just one season in the United Arab Emirates which yielded 10 goals, Barrada has moved again, this time to the south of France.
New manager Marcelo Bielsa is part of an ambitious project to restore Marseille to its former glories, and the 1992-93 Champions League winners will be eager to kick-start their season with a win against Montpellier on Sunday after drawing the first game of the season.