Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Official: Morocco’s Barrada signs for Marseille
Barrada has played for US Sénart-Moissy and Paris Saint-Germain’s B side in the past, and is no stranger to France having been born in the northern commune of Provins.
After his stint in France, Barrada moved to Spain, where he signed with Getafe’s B team in 2010, and signed his first professional contract with the Madrid-based club in early 2011.
The talented midfielder was promoted to the first team at the beginning of the 2011-12 season, and went on to score 8 goals and provide 7 assists in 64 games.
The highlight of his time at Getafe came in August 2012, when Barrada scored the winning goal in a famous 2-1 victory over city rivals Real Madrid.
In the summer of 2013, Al-Jazira – who are based in Abu-Dhabi and play in the UAE Arabian Gulf League – secured the services of the 25-year old, signing him to a four-year deal.
However, after just one season in the United Arab Emirates which yielded 10 goals, Barrada has moved again, this time to the south of France.
New manager Marcelo Bielsa is part of an ambitious project to restore Marseille to its former glories, and the 1992-93 Champions League winners will be eager to kick-start their season with a win against Montpellier on Sunday after drawing the first game of the season.