Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
BSC Young Boys thrash Kahraba’s Grasshoppers 4-0
It was a straight-forward home win for BSC Young Boys as they slotted one goal after another for a total result of 4-0.
Unfortunately for Grasshoppers, 23-year-old Zambian midfielder Nathan Sinkala, on loan from TP Mazembe, and defender Moritz Bauer received yellow cards in the 46th and 54th minutes respectively, due to the frustration of already being 2-0 down – thanks to goals from Raphaël Nuzzolo and Gregory Wüthrich.
In the 64th minute, German manager Michael Skibbe released 20-year-old Egyptian midfielder Mahmoud Kahraba as a substitute for Sinkala as the team were in need of fresh legs – and a quick turnaround – on the pitch.
However, things were not getting any better for the visitors from Zürich as midfielder Michael Frey scored another goal just nine minutes after the Egyptian’s introduction.
Nuzzolo scored his second goal in the 90th minute to wrap up the 4-0 win over Grasshoppers, who need to turn their results around quickly as they currently lie bottom of the table in the Swiss Super League after five games.