Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Egypt fall two places in FIFA Rankings
Egypt fell two places in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking to 38th place, with 645 points.
The Pharaohs are the fifth ranked African team just below Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Algeria who had all qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Sitting only two spots below Ghana, who had an impressive World Cup campaign in Brazil despite failing to qualify from their group, the Pharaohs will hope their matches with Senegal and Tunisia on September 5th and 10th respectively will help them climb the table.
In addition, Egypt’s match against Ethiopia may help the Pharaohs, however the fixture is currently in doubt due to Ethiopia’s request to change the date of the match.
35. Czech Republic