Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Egypt fall two places in FIFA Rankings
Egypt fell two places in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking to 38th place, with 645 points.
The Pharaohs are the fifth ranked African team just below Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Algeria who had all qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Sitting only two spots below Ghana, who had an impressive World Cup campaign in Brazil despite failing to qualify from their group, the Pharaohs will hope their matches with Senegal and Tunisia on September 5th and 10th respectively will help them climb the table.
In addition, Egypt’s match against Ethiopia may help the Pharaohs, however the fixture is currently in doubt due to Ethiopia’s request to change the date of the match.
35. Czech Republic
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Algeria – 24
3. Ivory Coast – 25
3. Nigeria – 33
4. Ghana – 36
5. Egypt – 38
6. Tunisia – 42
7. Sierra Leone – 50
8. Cameroon – 54
9. Burkina Faso – 58
10. Senegal – 59