Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Egypt fall two places in FIFA Rankings
Egypt fell two places in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking to 38th place, with 645 points.
The Pharaohs are the fifth ranked African team just below Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Algeria who had all qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Sitting only two spots below Ghana, who had an impressive World Cup campaign in Brazil despite failing to qualify from their group, the Pharaohs will hope their matches with Senegal and Tunisia on September 5th and 10th respectively will help them climb the table.
In addition, Egypt’s match against Ethiopia may help the Pharaohs, however the fixture is currently in doubt due to Ethiopia’s request to change the date of the match.
35. Czech Republic
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Algeria – 24
3. Ivory Coast – 25
3. Nigeria – 33
4. Ghana – 36
5. Egypt – 38
6. Tunisia – 42
7. Sierra Leone – 50
8. Cameroon – 54
9. Burkina Faso – 58
10. Senegal – 59