Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Egypt fall two places in FIFA Rankings
Egypt fell two places in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking to 38th place, with 645 points.
The Pharaohs are the fifth ranked African team just below Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Algeria who had all qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Sitting only two spots below Ghana, who had an impressive World Cup campaign in Brazil despite failing to qualify from their group, the Pharaohs will hope their matches with Senegal and Tunisia on September 5th and 10th respectively will help them climb the table.
In addition, Egypt’s match against Ethiopia may help the Pharaohs, however the fixture is currently in doubt due to Ethiopia’s request to change the date of the match.
35. Czech Republic
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Algeria – 24
3. Ivory Coast – 25
3. Nigeria – 33
4. Ghana – 36
5. Egypt – 38
6. Tunisia – 42
7. Sierra Leone – 50
8. Cameroon – 54
9. Burkina Faso – 58
10. Senegal – 59