Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Egypt’s Hegazy makes late appearance as Fiorentina edge Real Madrid in friendly
Real Madrid started the game in brilliant fashion when Di Maria’s cross was tapped in by Cristiano Ronaldo after just four minutes.
Fiorentina responded just before the half-hour mark when Mario Gomez’s diving header past Keylor Navas to end the half level.
The Viola scored again with a second-half strike from inside the box after confusion at the back led to Alonso bending in the second, which led the Italian side to victory over the European champions, and a friendly trophy.
23-year-old Egyptian international Ahmed Hegazy, who’s been a regular for Montella’s side throughout pre-season, came on with five minutes remaining and produced a couple crucial clearances.
Fiorentina kick-off their Serie A campaign on 30 August against AS Roma.