Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Official: Former Wigan striker Zaki signs for Lebanese side Al-Ahed
The former Zamalek and Wigan hitman Zaki has confirmed his move to the Beirut side on a one-year deal, as previously reported on KingFut.com.
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya in December, before joining Moroccan club Raja Casablanca a month later – where he was then released without playing an official match.
Zaki will now be defending the colours of Lebanese club Al-Ahed, managed by Egyptian coach Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy – who previously led Egyptian giants Al Ahly on a short spell – after joining on a free transfer.
Just signed to Al Ahed club for one-season long deal. pic.twitter.com/0ZSDHX5lOy
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) August 15, 2014
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.
Zaki had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and then in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract.