Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Official: Former Wigan striker Zaki signs for Lebanese side Al-Ahed
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya in December, before joining Moroccan club Raja Casablanca a month later – where he was then released without playing an official match.
Zaki will now be defending the colours of Lebanese club Al-Ahed, managed by Egyptian coach Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy – who previously led Egyptian giants Al Ahly on a short spell – after joining on a free transfer.
Just signed to Al Ahed club for one-season long deal. pic.twitter.com/0ZSDHX5lOy
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) August 15, 2014
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.
Zaki had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and then in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract.