Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Official: Former Wigan striker Zaki signs for Lebanese side Al-Ahed
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya in December, before joining Moroccan club Raja Casablanca a month later – where he was then released without playing an official match.
Zaki will now be defending the colours of Lebanese club Al-Ahed, managed by Egyptian coach Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy – who previously led Egyptian giants Al Ahly on a short spell – after joining on a free transfer.
Just signed to Al Ahed club for one-season long deal. pic.twitter.com/0ZSDHX5lOy
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) August 15, 2014
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.
Zaki had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and then in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract.