Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Official: Former Wigan striker Zaki signs for Lebanese side Al-Ahed
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya in December, before joining Moroccan club Raja Casablanca a month later – where he was then released without playing an official match.
The 2013 FIFA Club World Cup runners up Raja decided to terminate the Egypt international’s contract after he underwent a surgery in Germany without the permission of the club.
Zaki will now be defending the colours of Lebanese club Al-Ahed, managed by Egyptian coach Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy – who previously led Egyptian giants Al Ahly on a short spell – after joining on a free transfer.
Just signed to Al Ahed club for one-season long deal. pic.twitter.com/0ZSDHX5lOy
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) August 15, 2014
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.
Zaki had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and then in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract.