Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Official: Former Wigan striker Zaki signs for Lebanese side Al-Ahed
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Kuwaiti side Al-Salmiya in December, before joining Moroccan club Raja Casablanca a month later – where he was then released without playing an official match.
Zaki will now be defending the colours of Lebanese club Al-Ahed, managed by Egyptian coach Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy – who previously led Egyptian giants Al Ahly on a short spell – after joining on a free transfer.
Just signed to Al Ahed club for one-season long deal. pic.twitter.com/0ZSDHX5lOy
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) August 15, 2014
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals.
Zaki had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and then in Turkey with Elazığspor prior to joining Al-Salmiya, where he failed to score in eight matches before terminating his contract.