Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Zizo features as Lierse beaten by Lokeren
Belgium’s Lokeren had its second home win of the season with a 2-0 victory over Ahmed ‘Zizo’ Sayed’s Lierse SK.
Lierse started the game explosively, despite missing 22-year-old Guinean striker, Alhassane Keita, one of the Belgian League’s top goal scorers, due to a knee injury.
The first opportunity for Lierse arrived via a penalty kick, taken by Brazilian winger Wanderson Campos but the ball did not cross the line.
Lokeren then upped the tempo, which was rewarded when defender Mijat Maric netted a penalty in the 19th minute.
It provided a boost to the home side’s confidence, with the second goal coming only 4 minutes later, slotted in by Besart Abdurahimi. It was the 19-year-old’s debut for the club and in celebration of his first goal, he was penalised for taking his shirt off.
Midfielder Onur Kaya hit a powerful shot which almost resulted in a third goal to Lokeren, putting further pressure on Lierse, with manager Stanly Menzos having to make some defensive changes. The score however, remained the same, with Lokeren holding on for a 2-0 win.
Lierse’s other Egyptians Karim Hafez (defender) and Ahmed Hassan (striker) did not feature.
Lierse will need a positive result from their next match after slipping 4 spots down the ladder after todays loss. Their next match is against Charleloi on the 23rd of August.