Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Gomaa: We will not beg Ahmed Fathi to renew
Ahmed Fathi, who has recently returned to Egypt after an unsuccessful trial period at Arsenal, is yet to decide on his future.
Al Ahly have now contacted the 29-year-old right-back, in an attempt to renew his contract with the Red Devils, however, the player has yet to respond, to which Wael Gomaa commented: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Fathi is reportedly linked to Ittihad Jeddah of Saudi Arabia and Umm Salal of Qatar which is why the Egypt international is delaying his decision.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour claims that the player has already signed for the Saudi Arabian side, a club that has previously shown great interest in Fathi.
In addition, Umm Salal SC have offered Fathi $2 million to continue his football career in the Qatar Stars League.