Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Gomaa: We will not beg Ahmed Fathi to renew
Ahmed Fathi, who has recently returned to Egypt after an unsuccessful trial period at Arsenal, is yet to decide on his future.
Al Ahly have now contacted the 29-year-old right-back, in an attempt to renew his contract with the Red Devils, however, the player has yet to respond, to which Wael Gomaa commented: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Fathi is reportedly linked to Ittihad Jeddah of Saudi Arabia and Umm Salal of Qatar which is why the Egypt international is delaying his decision.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour claims that the player has already signed for the Saudi Arabian side, a club that has previously shown great interest in Fathi.
In addition, Umm Salal SC have offered Fathi $2 million to continue his football career in the Qatar Stars League.