Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Gomaa: We will not beg Ahmed Fathi to renew
Ahmed Fathi, who has recently returned to Egypt after an unsuccessful trial period at Arsenal, is yet to decide on his future.
Al Ahly have now contacted the 29-year-old right-back, in an attempt to renew his contract with the Red Devils, however, the player has yet to respond, to which Wael Gomaa commented: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Fathi is reportedly linked to Ittihad Jeddah of Saudi Arabia and Umm Salal of Qatar which is why the Egypt international is delaying his decision.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour claims that the player has already signed for the Saudi Arabian side, a club that has previously shown great interest in Fathi.
In addition, Umm Salal SC have offered Fathi $2 million to continue his football career in the Qatar Stars League.