Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Garrido: I will not accept a draw against Etoile du Sahel
Al Ahly are set to play Tunisian giants Etoile Du Sahel on the 23rd of August, and a draw will be enough to see the Red Devils qualify from the group.
Speaking in a press conference on Thursday, the former Villarreal coach said however that he will not accept a draw against the Diables Rouges.
“We are the biggest club in Africa,” he said. “We have to win.
“We are under a lot of pressure to win, and we will try to do just that.”
Garrido then commented about the Red Castle’s loss to Zambian side Nkana, saying that he “learned many lessons” from the game.
“Our match against Nkana was my first on African grounds,” he added. “I have learned many lessons from this match.
“However, I could say that Nkana’s pitch was the worst thing I’ve seen in my coaching career.”
The Spaniard then went on to dismiss that Ahmed Khairy will play in the libero position, as well as respoding to critics who have questioned his start as Al Ahly coach.
“I will not play with a libero,” he said. “I’m training my players in many positions in case we are dealt with any injuries during games.
“I don’t have a magical wand which gets the best out of my players.
“I’m trying to overcome the injury crisis by slotting the available players in more than one position.”