Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Garrido: I will not accept a draw against Etoile du Sahel
Al Ahly are set to play Tunisian giants Etoile Du Sahel on the 23rd of August, and a draw will be enough to see the Red Devils qualify from the group.
Speaking in a press conference on Thursday, the former Villarreal coach said however that he will not accept a draw against the Diables Rouges.
“We are the biggest club in Africa,” he said. “We have to win.
“We are under a lot of pressure to win, and we will try to do just that.”
Garrido then commented about the Red Castle’s loss to Zambian side Nkana, saying that he “learned many lessons” from the game.
“Our match against Nkana was my first on African grounds,” he added. “I have learned many lessons from this match.
“However, I could say that Nkana’s pitch was the worst thing I’ve seen in my coaching career.”
The Spaniard then went on to dismiss that Ahmed Khairy will play in the libero position, as well as respoding to critics who have questioned his start as Al Ahly coach.
“I will not play with a libero,” he said. “I’m training my players in many positions in case we are dealt with any injuries during games.
“I don’t have a magical wand which gets the best out of my players.
“I’m trying to overcome the injury crisis by slotting the available players in more than one position.”