Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Garrido: I will not accept a draw against Etoile du Sahel
Al Ahly are set to play Tunisian giants Etoile Du Sahel on the 23rd of August, and a draw will be enough to see the Red Devils qualify from the group.
Speaking in a press conference on Thursday, the former Villarreal coach said however that he will not accept a draw against the Diables Rouges.
“We are the biggest club in Africa,” he said. “We have to win.
“We are under a lot of pressure to win, and we will try to do just that.”
Garrido then commented about the Red Castle’s loss to Zambian side Nkana, saying that he “learned many lessons” from the game.
“Our match against Nkana was my first on African grounds,” he added. “I have learned many lessons from this match.
“However, I could say that Nkana’s pitch was the worst thing I’ve seen in my coaching career.”
The Spaniard then went on to dismiss that Ahmed Khairy will play in the libero position, as well as respoding to critics who have questioned his start as Al Ahly coach.
“I will not play with a libero,” he said. “I’m training my players in many positions in case we are dealt with any injuries during games.
“I don’t have a magical wand which gets the best out of my players.
“I’m trying to overcome the injury crisis by slotting the available players in more than one position.”