Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Garrido: I will not accept a draw against Etoile du Sahel
Al Ahly are set to play Tunisian giants Etoile Du Sahel on the 23rd of August, and a draw will be enough to see the Red Devils qualify from the group.
Speaking in a press conference on Thursday, the former Villarreal coach said however that he will not accept a draw against the Diables Rouges.
“We are the biggest club in Africa,” he said. “We have to win.
“We are under a lot of pressure to win, and we will try to do just that.”
Garrido then commented about the Red Castle’s loss to Zambian side Nkana, saying that he “learned many lessons” from the game.
“Our match against Nkana was my first on African grounds,” he added. “I have learned many lessons from this match.
“However, I could say that Nkana’s pitch was the worst thing I’ve seen in my coaching career.”
The Spaniard then went on to dismiss that Ahmed Khairy will play in the libero position, as well as respoding to critics who have questioned his start as Al Ahly coach.
“I will not play with a libero,” he said. “I’m training my players in many positions in case we are dealt with any injuries during games.
“I don’t have a magical wand which gets the best out of my players.
“I’m trying to overcome the injury crisis by slotting the available players in more than one position.”