Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Gil Vicente waiting on transfer certificates for Hassan and Mohsen
The Egyptian duo were signed last month, with Hassan arriving from Al Masry and Mohsen from Petrojet. However, Gil Vicente require an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) so that the club can register the players and make them eligible to play.
The club requested the ITC’s from the Egyptian FA more than a week ago, but have not received any kind of reply or notification from the EFA. Therefore, and despite the duo being named in the initial squad for the inaugural Primeira Liga match against Vitória Guimarães, they had to be cut from the final list due to their ineligibility.
The Barcelos club will expose the situation to the Portuguese Football Federation, to warn them about the attitude of the EFA and hope their ITC’s arrive soon.
Gil Vicente lost their match against Guimarães 1-3 and the next match is next Sunday against Setúbal.