Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Gil Vicente waiting on transfer certificates for Hassan and Mohsen
The Egyptian duo were signed last month, with Hassan arriving from Al Masry and Mohsen from Petrojet. However, Gil Vicente require an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) so that the club can register the players and make them eligible to play.
The club requested the ITC’s from the Egyptian FA more than a week ago, but have not received any kind of reply or notification from the EFA. Therefore, and despite the duo being named in the initial squad for the inaugural Primeira Liga match against Vitória Guimarães, they had to be cut from the final list due to their ineligibility.
The Barcelos club will expose the situation to the Portuguese Football Federation, to warn them about the attitude of the EFA and hope their ITC’s arrive soon.
Gil Vicente lost their match against Guimarães 1-3 and the next match is next Sunday against Setúbal.