Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Zamalek to resign Burkina Faso striker Abdoulaye Cissé
Zamalek SC are set to resign their former Burkina Faso striker Abdoulaye Cissé on a three-year contract.
Abdoulaye Cissé scored 9 goals in 22 matches with Zamalek – 4 in the CAF Champions League and 5 in the Egyptian Premier League – before the Burkinabé striker left the club in 2013 because of overdue wages, as the White Castle faced financial problems.
Cissé has now reached a settlement over his unpaid wages, and will reportedly receive 2.8 million EGP annually, as per FilGoal, for three seasons as he rejoins the club on a free transfer.
The former Montpellier striker was signed from Al Masry during the 2012/2013 season, following the Port Said disaster, which saw the Green Eagles suspended from playing in the Egyptian Premier League for a year.
Cissé is now the 16th player to join the Whites this transfer window, and the first since the reappointment of manager Hossam Hassan.