Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Omar El-Hussieny on target in Levadia’s 7-0 rout
Egyptian midfielder Omar El-Hussieny scored his 6th goal for FC Levadia Tallinn on his 31st appearance for the Estonian Meistriliiga champions.
The opening goal was scored by defender Artjom Artjun in the 14th minute, causing an early drop in the opposition’s confidence. The following two goals were scored within six minutes of each other by midfielder Igor Subbotin, who was the star of the match.
28-year-old Egyptian, Omar El-Husseiny, who signed for the club earlier this year did not fail to impress as he scored the fourth goal for FC Levadia Tallinn, just 4 minutes after Subbotin’s goal. However, Omar was substituted in the 63rd minute for ambition-fuelled 19-year-old Rasmus Peetson, who succeeded with scoring just over 10 minutes after coming on the pitch.
Kalev’s concerned coach, Sergei Zamogilnõi made a triple substitution bringing on defender Sean Whalen and attackers, Nitika Koger and Ian Valge, in order to try and produce a comeback.
However, Levadia continued to bombard Kalev’s goal area and with an extra 3 minutes added to the match, they scored 2 more goals from Jan Penic and Marek Kaljumae.
The reigning Estonian champions dominated possession with 59% and had 7 shots on target compared to Kalev’s 3.
Omar El-Husseiny now has 6 goals and 9 assists in his first season for FC Levadia,who are currently on top of the Estonian league with three points ahead of second placed FC Flora Tallinn.
Levadia will next take on JK Sillamae Kalev on Saturday.