Egypt’s national volleyball team won the 2016 Women’s U-23 African Nations Championship...
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
Salah left out as Drogba returns in Chelsea’s winning start to the season
The Blues played away at Burnley’s Turf Moor stadium in the first round of the English Premier League, in a game that ended 3-1 to Chelsea.
Mohamed Salah was not picked in the 18 man squad that faced Burnley, although the 22-year-old travelled with the squad to Burnley.
Burnley started strongly and Scott Arfield opened the scoring with a magnificent shot from the edge of penalty box in the 14th min. Chelsea bounced back strongly and new signing Diego Costa equalized for The Blues 3 minutes after Burnley took advantage.
Then it was time for the World Cup winner Andre Schurrle to score in the 21st min after a classy link up play between him and newly joined midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Then in the 34th minute Branislav Ivanovic found the back of the net from a corner giving Chelsea their third and final goal of the game.
Former Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba, who recently retired from international football, returned to Chelsea as he came on as a 84th minute substitute for Eden Hazard. The travelling Chelsea fans cheered loudly as the 36-year-old ran onto pitch in his Chelsea colours for the first time since winning the Champions League in 2012.
Chelsea started the season with an important win to gain the 3 points. Chelsea’s next match will be at Stamford Bridge as they take on Leicester City before travelling to Liverpool where they will face Everton.