Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Official: Ahmed Fathi signs for Qatari side Umm Salal from Al Ahly
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi has joined Qatari side Umm Salal on a three-year contract, reportedly worth $3 million (21.45 million EGP).
The 29-year-old right-back has had various offers since his return from London, following an unsuccessful trial at Arsenal.
The Cairo giants did offer Fathi a contract renewal, and he also had offers from Saudi Arabian Club Ittihad Jeddah, who had started negotiations with him in April, as well as from Nottingham Forest in England previously.
He chose to resume his football career in the Qatar Stars League however, where he will wear the number 24 as he did with Al Ahly, and joins recent signings Tuncay Şanlı of Turkey and former Arsenal striker Jérémie Aliadière.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) August 21, 2014
Wael Gomaa, Al Ahly’s director of football has recently declared that negotiations with Ahmed Fathi were over, saying: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Nevertheless, Ahmed Fathi maintains a respectable relationship with Al Ahly’s officials, following a seven-year spell with the Red Devils.