Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Official: Ahmed Fathi signs for Qatari side Umm Salal from Al Ahly
Ahmed Fathi has signed a three-year contract with Umm Salal on a free transfer from Al Ahly, the Qatari club confirmed on Twitter.
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi has joined Qatari side Umm Salal on a three-year contract, reportedly worth $3 million (21.45 million EGP).
The 29-year-old right-back has had various offers since his return from London, following an unsuccessful trial at Arsenal.
The Cairo giants did offer Fathi a contract renewal, and he also had offers from Saudi Arabian Club Ittihad Jeddah, who had started negotiations with him in April, as well as from Nottingham Forest in England previously.
He chose to resume his football career in the Qatar Stars League however, where he will wear the number 24 as he did with Al Ahly, and joins recent signings Tuncay Şanlı of Turkey and former Arsenal striker Jérémie Aliadière.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) August 21, 2014
Wael Gomaa, Al Ahly’s director of football has recently declared that negotiations with Ahmed Fathi were over, saying: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Nevertheless, Ahmed Fathi maintains a respectable relationship with Al Ahly’s officials, following a seven-year spell with the Red Devils.