Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Official: Ahmed Fathi signs for Qatari side Umm Salal from Al Ahly
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi has joined Qatari side Umm Salal on a three-year contract, reportedly worth $3 million (21.45 million EGP).
The 29-year-old right-back has had various offers since his return from London, following an unsuccessful trial at Arsenal.
The Cairo giants did offer Fathi a contract renewal, and he also had offers from Saudi Arabian Club Ittihad Jeddah, who had started negotiations with him in April, as well as from Nottingham Forest in England previously.
He chose to resume his football career in the Qatar Stars League however, where he will wear the number 24 as he did with Al Ahly, and joins recent signings Tuncay Şanlı of Turkey and former Arsenal striker Jérémie Aliadière.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) August 21, 2014
Wael Gomaa, Al Ahly’s director of football has recently declared that negotiations with Ahmed Fathi were over, saying: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Nevertheless, Ahmed Fathi maintains a respectable relationship with Al Ahly’s officials, following a seven-year spell with the Red Devils.