Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Official: Ahmed Fathi signs for Qatari side Umm Salal from Al Ahly
Ahmed Fathi has signed a three-year contract with Umm Salal on a free transfer from Al Ahly, the Qatari club confirmed on Twitter.
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi has joined Qatari side Umm Salal on a three-year contract, reportedly worth $3 million (21.45 million EGP).
The 29-year-old right-back has had various offers since his return from London, following an unsuccessful trial at Arsenal.
The Cairo giants did offer Fathi a contract renewal, and he also had offers from Saudi Arabian Club Ittihad Jeddah, who had started negotiations with him in April, as well as from Nottingham Forest in England previously.
He chose to resume his football career in the Qatar Stars League however, where he will wear the number 24 as he did with Al Ahly, and joins recent signings Tuncay Şanlı of Turkey and former Arsenal striker Jérémie Aliadière.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) August 21, 2014
Wael Gomaa, Al Ahly’s director of football has recently declared that negotiations with Ahmed Fathi were over, saying: “We will not beg him [Ahmed Fathi] to renew.”
Nevertheless, Ahmed Fathi maintains a respectable relationship with Al Ahly’s officials, following a seven-year spell with the Red Devils.