Abdulai Alhassan, Bolga All Stars FC owner, featured in his team’s draw...
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
Kahraba’s Grasshoppers lose first leg of Europa League play-off
Kahraba contributed to his side’s only goal as Grasshoppers lost 1-2 at home in first leg of their Europa League play-off against Club Brugge.
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ Abdel-Moneim’s Grasshopper Club Zurich faced-off with Club Brugge of Belgium at home in the first leg of the Europa League play-offs, with the team who win over both legs moving through to the group stages.
GCZ qualified for the play-offs after losing 3-1 on aggregate to Lille in the UEFA Champions League’s third qualifying round. The Swiss outfit lost 2-0 at home before being held to a 1-1 draw away in France.
Swiss full-back Michael Lang gave the home side an early lead, scoring 8 minutes into the game.
The visitors didn’t stay behind on the score for long; Grasshoppers defender Sanel Jahic scored an own goal before Victor Vazquez put Brugge ahead, all in a matter of 2 minutes, with the 20-year-old Egyptian providing the crucial pass that led to GCZ’s goal.
Neither team were able to alter the scoreline in the second half, hence the game ended in a 2-1 win for the Belgians, with Kahraba playing the entire match and picking up a yellow card in injury time.
The second leg will be held on Thursday the 28th of August with Grasshoppers going into the game needing to score more than once to go through.