Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Kahraba’s Grasshoppers lose first leg of Europa League play-off
Kahraba contributed to his side’s only goal as Grasshoppers lost 1-2 at home in first leg of their Europa League play-off against Club Brugge.
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ Abdel-Moneim’s Grasshopper Club Zurich faced-off with Club Brugge of Belgium at home in the first leg of the Europa League play-offs, with the team who win over both legs moving through to the group stages.
GCZ qualified for the play-offs after losing 3-1 on aggregate to Lille in the UEFA Champions League’s third qualifying round. The Swiss outfit lost 2-0 at home before being held to a 1-1 draw away in France.
Swiss full-back Michael Lang gave the home side an early lead, scoring 8 minutes into the game.
The visitors didn’t stay behind on the score for long; Grasshoppers defender Sanel Jahic scored an own goal before Victor Vazquez put Brugge ahead, all in a matter of 2 minutes, with the 20-year-old Egyptian providing the crucial pass that led to GCZ’s goal.
Neither team were able to alter the scoreline in the second half, hence the game ended in a 2-1 win for the Belgians, with Kahraba playing the entire match and picking up a yellow card in injury time.
The second leg will be held on Thursday the 28th of August with Grasshoppers going into the game needing to score more than once to go through.