KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Mahran becomes first-ever Egyptian player in Lithuania
Mohamed Ahmed Mahran Shehata, a 27-year old Egyptian footballer, has become the first-ever Pharaoh to move to Lithuania, joining FK Kruoja Pakruojis.
Egyptian footballer Mohamed Mahran recently joined Lithuanian club Kruoja from lower division Polish side Orlicz Suchedniów.
Mahran, who plays as a center attacking midfielder, has previously played for Ittihad of Alexandria before moving to Poland, from where he then made his transfer to the Baltic region, particularly Lithuania.
“The atmosphere here is not bad, but I’m used to winning, and I’m here to win everything I can,” Mahran told the club’s official website.
With this transfer Mahran becomes the first-ever Egyptian to be registered in the A Lyga, the first division in Lithuania.
“Egyptian football fans might have not ever heard of Lithuanian football. Egyptian football is also unknown for all Baltic region, and this is what we’re working on. We’ve previously introduced first Egyptians in Finland, Estonia and now Lithuania,” the player’s agent, Ahmed Matar, told KingFut.com.
“FK Kruoja fights for a UEFA place next season, and our goal is to have players representing Egyptian football in all European leagues,” he concluded.
Watch a video of Mahran below…