Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Mahran becomes first-ever Egyptian player in Lithuania
Mohamed Ahmed Mahran Shehata, a 27-year old Egyptian footballer, has become the first-ever Pharaoh to move to Lithuania, joining FK Kruoja Pakruojis.
Egyptian footballer Mohamed Mahran recently joined Lithuanian club Kruoja from lower division Polish side Orlicz Suchedniów.
Mahran, who plays as a center attacking midfielder, has previously played for Ittihad of Alexandria before moving to Poland, from where he then made his transfer to the Baltic region, particularly Lithuania.
“The atmosphere here is not bad, but I’m used to winning, and I’m here to win everything I can,” Mahran told the club’s official website.
With this transfer Mahran becomes the first-ever Egyptian to be registered in the A Lyga, the first division in Lithuania.
“Egyptian football fans might have not ever heard of Lithuanian football. Egyptian football is also unknown for all Baltic region, and this is what we’re working on. We’ve previously introduced first Egyptians in Finland, Estonia and now Lithuania,” the player’s agent, Ahmed Matar, told KingFut.com.
“FK Kruoja fights for a UEFA place next season, and our goal is to have players representing Egyptian football in all European leagues,” he concluded.
Watch a video of Mahran below…