The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mahran becomes first-ever Egyptian player in Lithuania
Mohamed Ahmed Mahran Shehata, a 27-year old Egyptian footballer, has become the first-ever Pharaoh to move to Lithuania, joining FK Kruoja Pakruojis.
Egyptian footballer Mohamed Mahran recently joined Lithuanian club Kruoja from lower division Polish side Orlicz Suchedniów.
Mahran, who plays as a center attacking midfielder, has previously played for Ittihad of Alexandria before moving to Poland, from where he then made his transfer to the Baltic region, particularly Lithuania.
“The atmosphere here is not bad, but I’m used to winning, and I’m here to win everything I can,” Mahran told the club’s official website.
With this transfer Mahran becomes the first-ever Egyptian to be registered in the A Lyga, the first division in Lithuania.
“Egyptian football fans might have not ever heard of Lithuanian football. Egyptian football is also unknown for all Baltic region, and this is what we’re working on. We’ve previously introduced first Egyptians in Finland, Estonia and now Lithuania,” the player’s agent, Ahmed Matar, told KingFut.com.
“FK Kruoja fights for a UEFA place next season, and our goal is to have players representing Egyptian football in all European leagues,” he concluded.
Watch a video of Mahran below…