Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mahran becomes first-ever Egyptian player in Lithuania
Mohamed Ahmed Mahran Shehata, a 27-year old Egyptian footballer, has become the first-ever Pharaoh to move to Lithuania, joining FK Kruoja Pakruojis.
Egyptian footballer Mohamed Mahran recently joined Lithuanian club Kruoja from lower division Polish side Orlicz Suchedniów.
Mahran, who plays as a center attacking midfielder, has previously played for Ittihad of Alexandria before moving to Poland, from where he then made his transfer to the Baltic region, particularly Lithuania.
“The atmosphere here is not bad, but I’m used to winning, and I’m here to win everything I can,” Mahran told the club’s official website.
With this transfer Mahran becomes the first-ever Egyptian to be registered in the A Lyga, the first division in Lithuania.
“Egyptian football fans might have not ever heard of Lithuanian football. Egyptian football is also unknown for all Baltic region, and this is what we’re working on. We’ve previously introduced first Egyptians in Finland, Estonia and now Lithuania,” the player’s agent, Ahmed Matar, told KingFut.com.
“FK Kruoja fights for a UEFA place next season, and our goal is to have players representing Egyptian football in all European leagues,” he concluded.
Watch a video of Mahran below…