Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Zamalek reach agreement with Marítimo over Mohamed Ibrahim transfer
22-year-old Mohamed Ibrahim and Zamalek have reached a final agreement with CS Marítimo after long drawn-out negotiations, according to Portuguese newspaper Record.
Mortada Mansour has previously told the 22-year-old that he will not interfere with the player’s wishes of going abroad to play in Europe.
Zamalek have accepted an offer from Marítimo for Mohamed Ibrahim, reportedly worth €400,000, after rejecting their initial offer, and the Egypt international is set to sign a five-year contract with the Portuguese side.
Mohamed Ibrahim is expected to travel after tonight’s match against Al Hilal in the CAF Champions League to finalize the deal.
Ibrahim played 79 matches with Zamalek since he made his debut under Hossam Hassan in the 2009/2010 season, scoring 13 goals and providing 18 assists – 10 goals and 12 assists in the Egyptian Premier League, in addition to 3 goals and 6 assists in the Champions League, as per transfermarkt.com.
Mohamed Ibrahim is expected to be the 11th Egyptian player at a top flight Portuguese club this year, after Aly Ghazal, Saleh Gomaa, Ali Fathy and Mahmoud Ezzat (CD Nacional), Amr Mokhtar, Marwan Mohsen and Hossam Hassan (Gil Vicente), Shikabala and Rami Rabia (Sporting CP) and Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave).
It is also worth mentioning that the player was once linked to Spain’s Málaga for an entire summer, but the deal eventually fell apart.