Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Hamoudi debuts as FC Basel stroll to 4-0 win in Swiss Cup
Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi made his official debut for Basel as he started in the Swiss Cup round of 32 match against Italien, as the champions secured an easy 4-0 win thanks to goals from Delgado, Embolo, Frei and Gashi.
The 24-year-old, who was ineligible to play in FC Basel’s previous matches as he awaited his Swiss license – since completing his move from Egyptian side Smouha – played 87 minutes on the right wing against the sixth tier opponent, and was unlucky not to claim a couple goals of his own.
Straight from the third minute, Hamoudi’s header was denied by the crossbar following an accurate cross from Cameroon- born Breel Embolo.
The Egyptian had a couple other good chances throughout the match, one of which forced a strong save from the goalkeeper, while Basel were already 1-0 up thanks to an early goal from Argentine Matías Delgado.
Embolo lobbed the keeper on the half-hour mark to double the score, and the victory was sealed in the second half with Fabian Frei scoring in the 52nd minute before Shkëlzen Gashi’s injury-time goal.
Mohamed El-Nenny also featured in the match, replacing goalscorer Delgado in the 59th minute.
FC Basel will next face BSC Young Boys next Sunday, where Hamoudi might face-off against his former Smouha team-mate, Ghanaian striker Samuel Afum.