Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VIDEO: Hamoudi debuts as FC Basel stroll to 4-0 win in Swiss Cup
Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi made his official debut for Basel as he started in the Swiss Cup round of 32 match against Italien, as the champions secured an easy 4-0 win thanks to goals from Delgado, Embolo, Frei and Gashi.
The 24-year-old, who was ineligible to play in FC Basel’s previous matches as he awaited his Swiss license – since completing his move from Egyptian side Smouha – played 87 minutes on the right wing against the sixth tier opponent, and was unlucky not to claim a couple goals of his own.
Straight from the third minute, Hamoudi’s header was denied by the crossbar following an accurate cross from Cameroon- born Breel Embolo.
The Egyptian had a couple other good chances throughout the match, one of which forced a strong save from the goalkeeper, while Basel were already 1-0 up thanks to an early goal from Argentine Matías Delgado.
Embolo lobbed the keeper on the half-hour mark to double the score, and the victory was sealed in the second half with Fabian Frei scoring in the 52nd minute before Shkëlzen Gashi’s injury-time goal.
Mohamed El-Nenny also featured in the match, replacing goalscorer Delgado in the 59th minute.
FC Basel will next face BSC Young Boys next Sunday, where Hamoudi might face-off against his former Smouha team-mate, Ghanaian striker Samuel Afum.