Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
VIDEO: Hamoudi debuts as FC Basel stroll to 4-0 win in Swiss Cup
Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi made his official debut for Basel as he started in the Swiss Cup round of 32 match against Italien, as the champions secured an easy 4-0 win thanks to goals from Delgado, Embolo, Frei and Gashi.
The 24-year-old, who was ineligible to play in FC Basel’s previous matches as he awaited his Swiss license – since completing his move from Egyptian side Smouha – played 87 minutes on the right wing against the sixth tier opponent, and was unlucky not to claim a couple goals of his own.
Straight from the third minute, Hamoudi’s header was denied by the crossbar following an accurate cross from Cameroon- born Breel Embolo.
The Egyptian had a couple other good chances throughout the match, one of which forced a strong save from the goalkeeper, while Basel were already 1-0 up thanks to an early goal from Argentine Matías Delgado.
Embolo lobbed the keeper on the half-hour mark to double the score, and the victory was sealed in the second half with Fabian Frei scoring in the 52nd minute before Shkëlzen Gashi’s injury-time goal.
Mohamed El-Nenny also featured in the match, replacing goalscorer Delgado in the 59th minute.
FC Basel will next face BSC Young Boys next Sunday, where Hamoudi might face-off against his former Smouha team-mate, Ghanaian striker Samuel Afum.