An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Gharib announces Egypt’s 30-man preliminary squad for AFCON qualifiers
Shawky Gharib, Egypt’s senior national team coach, has announced his 30-man preliminary squad list in a press conference on Sunday morning, ahead of clashes with Senegal and Tunisia in AFCON 2015 Qualifiers.
As the Pharaohs prepare for the opening matches of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers next month, manager Gharib included 12 players based abroad – following Ahmed Fathi’s move to Qatar – and 18 players from the Egyptian Premier League for his selection.
Egypt, who are in Group G of the final stage of qualifying, will face Senegal on the 5th of September before meeting Tunisia on the 10th of the same month.
The preliminary list was announced as follows:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly), Essam El-Hadary (Ismaily), Amir Abdel-Hamid (Wadi Degla), Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek)
Defenders: Sabri Rahil (Al Ahly), Ahmed Hegazy (ACF Fiorentina, Italy), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City, England), Shawky El-Said (Ismaily), Aly Ghazal (CD Nacional, Portugal), Ahmed Said “Okka” (Smouha), Rami Rabia (Sporting CP, Portugal), Ahmed Fathi (Um Salal, Qatar), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Hazem Emam (Zamalek)
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Mahmoud Hassan “Trezeguet” (Al Ahly), Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel, Switzerland), Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” (Grasshoppers, Switzerland), Saleh Gomaa (CD Nacional, Portugal), Hosni Abd-Rabo (Ismaily), Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek (Smouha), Mahmoud Abdel-Razek “Shikabala” (Sporting CP, Portugal), Omar Gaber, Momen Zakaria (Zamalek)
Forwards: Amr Gamal (Al Ahly), Mohamed Salah (Chelsea FC, England), Ahmed Hassan “Koka” (Rio Ave, Portugal), Hany El-Egeizy (Smouha), Khaled Kamar (Zamalek)
It’s worth noting that the Pharaohs will go on a camp in Aswan on the 25th of August, where they will face the national team of Kenya in a friendly, before the European-based players join them on the 31st of August.
Egypt is set to face Senegal in Dakar, while they will return to face Tunisia at home in Cairo.