KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
Gharib announces Egypt’s 30-man preliminary squad for AFCON qualifiers
Shawky Gharib, Egypt’s senior national team coach, has announced his 30-man preliminary squad list in a press conference on Sunday morning, ahead of clashes with Senegal and Tunisia in AFCON 2015 Qualifiers.
As the Pharaohs prepare for the opening matches of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers next month, manager Gharib included 12 players based abroad – following Ahmed Fathi’s move to Qatar – and 18 players from the Egyptian Premier League for his selection.
Egypt, who are in Group G of the final stage of qualifying, will face Senegal on the 5th of September before meeting Tunisia on the 10th of the same month.
The preliminary list was announced as follows:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly), Essam El-Hadary (Ismaily), Amir Abdel-Hamid (Wadi Degla), Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek)
Defenders: Sabri Rahil (Al Ahly), Ahmed Hegazy (ACF Fiorentina, Italy), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City, England), Shawky El-Said (Ismaily), Aly Ghazal (CD Nacional, Portugal), Ahmed Said “Okka” (Smouha), Rami Rabia (Sporting CP, Portugal), Ahmed Fathi (Um Salal, Qatar), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Hazem Emam (Zamalek)
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Mahmoud Hassan “Trezeguet” (Al Ahly), Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel, Switzerland), Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” (Grasshoppers, Switzerland), Saleh Gomaa (CD Nacional, Portugal), Hosni Abd-Rabo (Ismaily), Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek (Smouha), Mahmoud Abdel-Razek “Shikabala” (Sporting CP, Portugal), Omar Gaber, Momen Zakaria (Zamalek)
Forwards: Amr Gamal (Al Ahly), Mohamed Salah (Chelsea FC, England), Ahmed Hassan “Koka” (Rio Ave, Portugal), Hany El-Egeizy (Smouha), Khaled Kamar (Zamalek)
It’s worth noting that the Pharaohs will go on a camp in Aswan on the 25th of August, where they will face the national team of Kenya in a friendly, before the European-based players join them on the 31st of August.
Egypt is set to face Senegal in Dakar, while they will return to face Tunisia at home in Cairo.