Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Gharib announces Egypt’s 30-man preliminary squad for AFCON qualifiers
Shawky Gharib, Egypt’s senior national team coach, has announced his 30-man preliminary squad list in a press conference on Sunday morning, ahead of clashes with Senegal and Tunisia in AFCON 2015 Qualifiers.
As the Pharaohs prepare for the opening matches of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers next month, manager Gharib included 12 players based abroad – following Ahmed Fathi’s move to Qatar – and 18 players from the Egyptian Premier League for his selection.
Egypt, who are in Group G of the final stage of qualifying, will face Senegal on the 5th of September before meeting Tunisia on the 10th of the same month.
The preliminary list was announced as follows:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly), Essam El-Hadary (Ismaily), Amir Abdel-Hamid (Wadi Degla), Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek)
Defenders: Sabri Rahil (Al Ahly), Ahmed Hegazy (ACF Fiorentina, Italy), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City, England), Shawky El-Said (Ismaily), Aly Ghazal (CD Nacional, Portugal), Ahmed Said “Okka” (Smouha), Rami Rabia (Sporting CP, Portugal), Ahmed Fathi (Um Salal, Qatar), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy, Hazem Emam (Zamalek)
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Mahmoud Hassan “Trezeguet” (Al Ahly), Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel, Switzerland), Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” (Grasshoppers, Switzerland), Saleh Gomaa (CD Nacional, Portugal), Hosni Abd-Rabo (Ismaily), Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek (Smouha), Mahmoud Abdel-Razek “Shikabala” (Sporting CP, Portugal), Omar Gaber, Momen Zakaria (Zamalek)
Forwards: Amr Gamal (Al Ahly), Mohamed Salah (Chelsea FC, England), Ahmed Hassan “Koka” (Rio Ave, Portugal), Hany El-Egeizy (Smouha), Khaled Kamar (Zamalek)
It’s worth noting that the Pharaohs will go on a camp in Aswan on the 25th of August, where they will face the national team of Kenya in a friendly, before the European-based players join them on the 31st of August.
Egypt is set to face Senegal in Dakar, while they will return to face Tunisia at home in Cairo.