Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Al Ahly to face Coton Sport in Confederation Cup semi-finals
Cairo Giants Al Ahly will compete against Cameroonian side Coton Sport for a place in the CAF Confederation Cup final.
The Reds have ended the 2014 CAF Confederation Cup group stages as the top side of Group B, following their 0-0 draw against Tunisian giants Etoile du Sahel.
Al Ahly will now face Coton Sport of Cameroon, the team which held the second place in Group A, after their 1-1 draw with Real Bamako. Had the Cameroonians won their final match, they would have claimed first place in the group.
The Red Devils and Les Cotonniers have recently met in a similar occasion, the semi-final of the 2013 CAF Champions League. Thus, this semi-final will be the perfect opportunity for the Cameroonians to avenge their penalty shootout loss against the Egyptian side last year.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly signed Burkinabé midfielder Moussa Yedan from Coton Sport last year, who was one of the side’s stars during their 2013 Champions League campaign.
On the other hand, Séwé Sport, who held the second place in Group B, will face the top team of Group A, AC Léopards.
As Spanish manager Juan Carlos Garrido recently mentioned, Al Ahly will be looking to extend their record as the club with the most international titles, to widen the gap over AC Milan and Boca Juniors.
Both semi-finals are scheduled for September in which the first legs will be fall between 19-21 of the month, while the second legs will be between 26-28.