Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Al Ahly to face Coton Sport in Confederation Cup semi-finals
Cairo Giants Al Ahly will compete against Cameroonian side Coton Sport for a place in the CAF Confederation Cup final.
The Reds have ended the 2014 CAF Confederation Cup group stages as the top side of Group B, following their 0-0 draw against Tunisian giants Etoile du Sahel.
Al Ahly will now face Coton Sport of Cameroon, the team which held the second place in Group A, after their 1-1 draw with Real Bamako. Had the Cameroonians won their final match, they would have claimed first place in the group.
The Red Devils and Les Cotonniers have recently met in a similar occasion, the semi-final of the 2013 CAF Champions League. Thus, this semi-final will be the perfect opportunity for the Cameroonians to avenge their penalty shootout loss against the Egyptian side last year.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly signed Burkinabé midfielder Moussa Yedan from Coton Sport last year, who was one of the side’s stars during their 2013 Champions League campaign.
On the other hand, Séwé Sport, who held the second place in Group B, will face the top team of Group A, AC Léopards.
As Spanish manager Juan Carlos Garrido recently mentioned, Al Ahly will be looking to extend their record as the club with the most international titles, to widen the gap over AC Milan and Boca Juniors.
Both semi-finals are scheduled for September in which the first legs will be fall between 19-21 of the month, while the second legs will be between 26-28.