Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Egyptian Premier League to start on 18th of September
The Egyptian Football Federation has announced that the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League will kick-off on September 18th.
The EFA decided in their meeting on Tuesday that the league will start on the 18th of September, with the Egypt Super Cup between Al Ahly and Zamalek to be played on the 14th.
Egypt’s football governing body also decided that the 2014/2015 season will see an abandoning of the two group format which was implemented to avoid clashes between Al Ahly and Al Masry who have severed ties with one another following the Port Said disaster in 2012.
Furthermore, it was also decided that the the home and away games between both sides will be played on a neutral venue, namely the Agroud Stadium in Suez.
It is also worth mentioning that the EFA members are set to hold a meeting with the Ministry of Defence to finalise the decisions.