Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Egyptian Premier League to start on 18th of September
The Egyptian Football Federation has announced that the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League will kick-off on September 18th.
The EFA decided in their meeting on Tuesday that the league will start on the 18th of September, with the Egypt Super Cup between Al Ahly and Zamalek to be played on the 14th.
Egypt’s football governing body also decided that the 2014/2015 season will see an abandoning of the two group format which was implemented to avoid clashes between Al Ahly and Al Masry who have severed ties with one another following the Port Said disaster in 2012.
Furthermore, it was also decided that the the home and away games between both sides will be played on a neutral venue, namely the Agroud Stadium in Suez.
It is also worth mentioning that the EFA members are set to hold a meeting with the Ministry of Defence to finalise the decisions.