Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egyptian Premier League to start on 18th of September
The Egyptian Football Federation has announced that the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League will kick-off on September 18th.
Egypt’s football governing body also decided that the 2014/2015 season will see an abandoning of the two group format which was implemented to avoid clashes between Al Ahly and Al Masry who have severed ties with one another following the Port Said disaster in 2012.
Furthermore, it was also decided that the the home and away games between both sides will be played on a neutral venue, namely the Agroud Stadium in Suez.
It is also worth mentioning that the EFA members are set to hold a meeting with the Ministry of Defence to finalise the decisions.