Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Official: Everton sign Samuel Eto’o on free transfer
The veteran striker underwent a medical at the club today, and will be under contract for the Toffees until 2016.
Samuel Eto’o is Everton’s second ex-Chelsea signing of the summer, after Romelu Lukaku broke the Evertonians’ transfer record in a £28 million deal.
Ghanian winger Christian Atsu has also swapped Stamford Bridge for Goodison Park, albeit only on a temporary basis: a one-year loan deal.
The 33-year old has had a storied career; he started at Real Madrid in 1997 but failed to become part of the first team and was loaned out several times.
After just three appearances for the Merengues, Eto’o left for Mallorca in the summer of 2000, after impressing on loan in the first half of the same year.
69 goals in four and a half seasons for the islanders propelled Eto’o into the spotlight, and earned him a big money move to Barcelona in 2004.
The rest of Eto’o’s story is common knowledge; the Cameroonian scored 230 goals in the last ten years and won three Champions League trophies – among a host of other silverware – with Barcelona, Inter, Anzhi and Chelsea.
After his contract with Chelsea expired earlier this summer, Eto’o was linked with several clubs across Europe including Ajax, Liverpool, and Tottenham, but Everton have come out on top in the race for his signature.