Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Elmohamady believes Hull City can progress in the Europa League
Hull City go into the second leg of their Europa League qualifier 1-0 down after a goalkeeping error allowed the Belgian side to take advantage on home soil, with the return leg to be played at the KC Stadium tonight.
In an interview with the Daily Star, Elmohamady acknowledged the difficulty that lay ahead but believes Hull City are good enough to advance.
“We know we have to win 2-0 on Thursday night after the first game, but we are confident,” said Elmohamady.
“We want to keep the fans happy by winning and getting to the group stage, that’s our aim. When you play in Europe you have to keep your concentration and last week we conceded a goal from nothing.”
Ahmed Elmohamady described the courage of his side as they played 86 minutes of the tie with ten men saying: “When you have 10 men against 11 you need every single player to work hard and give everything they have and we had that.”
“All the lads gave everything they had, 150 per cent effort, and if we can keep the performances like this we will go a long way. We had a great attitude. Last year the attitude was great and you can see it again this year.”
Hull City take on Lokeren in the second leg tonight at the KC Stadium with kick off at 9.45pm Egypt time.
All quotes courtesy of the Daily Star.