Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Elmohamady believes Hull City can progress in the Europa League
Hull City go into the second leg of their Europa League qualifier 1-0 down after a goalkeeping error allowed the Belgian side to take advantage on home soil, with the return leg to be played at the KC Stadium tonight.
In an interview with the Daily Star, Elmohamady acknowledged the difficulty that lay ahead but believes Hull City are good enough to advance.
“We know we have to win 2-0 on Thursday night after the first game, but we are confident,” said Elmohamady.
“We want to keep the fans happy by winning and getting to the group stage, that’s our aim. When you play in Europe you have to keep your concentration and last week we conceded a goal from nothing.”
Ahmed Elmohamady described the courage of his side as they played 86 minutes of the tie with ten men saying: “When you have 10 men against 11 you need every single player to work hard and give everything they have and we had that.”
“All the lads gave everything they had, 150 per cent effort, and if we can keep the performances like this we will go a long way. We had a great attitude. Last year the attitude was great and you can see it again this year.”
Hull City take on Lokeren in the second leg tonight at the KC Stadium with kick off at 9.45pm Egypt time.
All quotes courtesy of the Daily Star.