Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Ghazal nets first goal as Nacional eliminated from Europa League
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa started, with the former getting on the scoresheet, as CD Nacional were eliminated from the Europa League after losing 3-2 at home to Dinamo Minsk, in what seemed to be a dull performance by the home team.
It was with great enthusiasm that the home fans filled the stands to hopefully see the Alvinegros come back from their 2-0 aggregate drawback inflicted to them a week ago in Minsk.
The Madeiran side were quick to pressure the visiting team in the opening minutes of the game, but it was not until the 30-minute mark that Nacional recorded their first goal of the tie when the penalty they were awarded was successfully converted by Marco Matias.
The home fans were to be quickly silenced two minutes later when perfectly unmarked Chigozie Udoji comfortably headed his team’s corner into the back of the net.
Things were to get even worse for Nacional when Slobodan Simovic, copied his team-mate and headed the second goal for the visitors, on what seemed to be another poorly defended dead ball for Manuel Machado’s side only 5 minutes before the break.
Saleh Gomaa, who was deployed on the right side of midfield, was one of the best players on the pitch during the first 45 minutes; often finding his team-mates with accurate passes and through balls. The young center midfielder also made his presence felt with a couple of great dispossessions and tackles that earned him some loud cheers from the crowd.
The second half begun with Aly Ghazal putting his name on the score sheet. The defensive midfield made a run into the Minsk box before powerfully redirecting a Saleh Gomaa cross into the back of the visitors net to make it 2-2 in the 55th minute.
However, Ghazal’s maiden goal for the club was to prove too little too late as Dinamo Minsk managed to score their third goal minutes later and go on to qualify for the next round of the Europa league on a 5-2 aggregate score.
Three minutes before the 70th minute mark, Saleh Gomaa, who was having a good game, was subbed off for forward Reginaldo in a bid to add offense. Egyptian compatriot Aly Ghazal played the entire 90 minutes, however.
CD Nacional, who are having a nightmarish beginning to their season, have now lost all their matches, including those in the Primeira Liga, and will now be looking to concentrate on their league campaign as they face Arouca this Sunday at home.