Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Kahraba features as Grasshoppers crash out of Europa League
Club Brugge defeated Mahmoud Kahraba’s Grasshopper Club Zurich 1-0, eliminating the Swiss side from the Europa League with a 3-1 score on aggregate.
Last week Club Brugge managed to overcome Grasshoppers in a 2-1 win in Zurich, meaning the Swiss Cup winners needed to win by at least two goals in order to advance.
In an even game, the Blauw-Zwart finally broke the deadlock after Spanish midfielder Victor Vazquez capitalized on some lax defending in the 62nd minute.
Mahmoud Kahraba came on five minutes later to try to give Grasshoppers the spark needed to overturn the deficit. While they did look significantly livelier, not many clear-cut chances were created following his introduction.
Kahraba had a chance in the 75th minute to level the game, but his close-range shot was parried by the keeper for a corner kick that was subsequently wasted.
In the 86th minute, Kahraba earned a free-kick for Grasshoppers after being fouled on the edge of the back, but the resulting shot came to nothing.
Now that Grasshoppers have been eliminated from Europe, they can now focus on the league, where they are currently lying in eighth position out of ten, earning only five points from their initial six matches.
Last weekend against Aarau, Kahraba opened the scoring in the sixth minute, helping his side to a 2-1 win.