Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Pharaohs find out opponents as Champions League groups revealed
With the excitement building up even further after some amazing matches in qualifying last night, the pots for the draw were confirmed by UEFA. Salah’s Chelsea were placed in Pot 1, alongside Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal and Porto.
Mohamed El-Nenny and Ahmed Hamoudi’s Swiss side were in Pot 2, with Basel being set alongside Schalke, Dortmund, Juventus, PSG, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St. Petersburg and current Premier League champions Manchester City.
Sporting Lisbon, who currently have Pharaohs Rami Rabia and Shikabala on their books, started in lowly Pot 3, being placed alongside Bayer Leverkusen, Olympiacos, CSKA Moscow, Ajax, Liverpool, Galatasaray and Athletic Bilbao, who secured their spot in dramatic fashion last night after beating Napoli.
Pot 4 contained no Egyptians, with Anderlecht, Roma, APOEL, BATE Borisov, debutants Ludogrets, Maribor, Malmo and Monaco rounding out the draw. With one team drawn from each pot to form the final groups, there were some exciting prospective matches.
Salah and Chelsea were drawn into Group G along with Rami Rabia and Shikabala’s Sporting Lisbon, setting up Pharaoh vs Pharaoh clashes! Chelsea and Sporting Lisbon will also have to compete with Schalke of Germany and Maribor for a place in the last 16.
Hamoudi, El-Nenny and FC Basel were drawn into Group B, setting up tantalising fixtures with Real Madrid, Liverpool and Ludogrets, who Basel knocked out to reach the group stages last year.
Matchday One is due to be played on the 16-17th of September, with the final Matchday of the Group Stages, Matchday Six, due to be played on the 09-10th of December.
Some fantastic matches coming up, will our Pharaohs shine?