Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Pharaohs find out opponents as Champions League groups revealed
Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny, Ahmed Hamoudi, Shikabala and Rami Rabia have learned their UEFA Champions League group opponents tonight after an exciting draw at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco.
With the excitement building up even further after some amazing matches in qualifying last night, the pots for the draw were confirmed by UEFA. Salah’s Chelsea were placed in Pot 1, alongside Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal and Porto.
Mohamed El-Nenny and Ahmed Hamoudi’s Swiss side were in Pot 2, with Basel being set alongside Schalke, Dortmund, Juventus, PSG, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St. Petersburg and current Premier League champions Manchester City.
Sporting Lisbon, who currently have Pharaohs Rami Rabia and Shikabala on their books, started in lowly Pot 3, being placed alongside Bayer Leverkusen, Olympiacos, CSKA Moscow, Ajax, Liverpool, Galatasaray and Athletic Bilbao, who secured their spot in dramatic fashion last night after beating Napoli.
Pot 4 contained no Egyptians, with Anderlecht, Roma, APOEL, BATE Borisov, debutants Ludogrets, Maribor, Malmo and Monaco rounding out the draw. With one team drawn from each pot to form the final groups, there were some exciting prospective matches.
Salah and Chelsea were drawn into Group G along with Rami Rabia and Shikabala’s Sporting Lisbon, setting up Pharaoh vs Pharaoh clashes! Chelsea and Sporting Lisbon will also have to compete with Schalke of Germany and Maribor for a place in the last 16.
Hamoudi, El-Nenny and FC Basel were drawn into Group B, setting up tantalising fixtures with Real Madrid, Liverpool and Ludogrets, who Basel knocked out to reach the group stages last year.
Matchday One is due to be played on the 16-17th of September, with the final Matchday of the Group Stages, Matchday Six, due to be played on the 09-10th of December.
Some fantastic matches coming up, will our Pharaohs shine?