Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Demba Ba returns as Senegal name 23-man squad for AFCON qualifiers
Senegal’s squad is largely made up of the players that featured in the 2014 World Cup qualifier play-off against Ivory Coast; the inclusion of Demba Ba, who recently signed for Turkish club Beşiktaş, being the big news.
Newcastle’s Papiss Cisse is out because of injury, but is reportedly close to completing his rehabilitation. The squad is still entirely composed of foreign-based players.
The Teranga Lions host Egypt on September 5th before travelling to Botswana five days later in the opening phase of the AFCON qualifiers.
FULL SENEGAL SQUAD:
Goalkeepers: Bouna Coundoul (Ethnikos Achna, Cyprus), Pape Demba Camara (Sochaux, France), Lys Gomis (Torino, Italy).
Defenders: Lamine Sane (Bordeaux, France), Zargo Toure (Le Havre, France), Cheikh Mbegue (Rennes, France), Papa Ndiaye Souare (Lille, France), Papa Djilobodji (Nantes, France), Issa Cissokho (Nantes, France), Kara Mbodj (Genk, Belgium).
Midfielders: Cheikhou Kouyate (West Ham, England), Mohammed Diame (West Ham, England), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Lille, France), Kouly Diop (Levante, Spain), Salif Sane (Hannover, Germany), Alfred Ndiaye (Sevilla, Spain), Stephane Badj (Brann, Norway).
Forwards: Sadio Mane (Red Bull Salzburg, Austria), Demba Ba (Beşiktaş, Turkey), Moussa Sow (Fernebache, Turkey), Moussa Konate (Krasnodar, Russia), Dame Ndoye (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Mame Biram Diouf (Stoke City, England).