Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Official: Cameroon’s Song makes West Ham loan switch from Barcelona
West Ham have announced the signing of Barcelona defensive midfielder Alexandre Song on a season-long loan deal on the club’s official website.
West Ham co-owner David Gold announced on Twitter that the club had made a big signing earlier today, and the 26-year old was presented to the fans before the Londoners’ Premier League clash against Southampton.
Song moved to Barcelona in the summer of 2012 for €19 million, after becoming a mainstay in Arsenal’s midfield and providing the bulk of the Gunners’ assists in 2011/12.
The Cameroonian’s stint in Barcelona has not been a successful one, however, and after making just 32 starts in his two seasons in Catalonia, the 2012/13 La Liga champions have deemed Song surplus to requirements.
This summer, Song was part of the Cameroon World Cup squad that endured an abysmal campaign, and the midfielder picked up a straight red for elbowing Mario Mandzukic in the back as his team lost 4-0 and ultimately finished last in Group A with zero points and a goal difference of -8.
The Indomitable Lions will be offered a chance at redemption when they commence their AFCON 2015 qualifying campaign away to DR Congo in a week’s time, but Song has not been included in the squad as he begins to serve his suspension.