Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Official: Cameroon’s Song makes West Ham loan switch from Barcelona
West Ham have announced the signing of Barcelona defensive midfielder Alexandre Song on a season-long loan deal on the club’s official website.
West Ham co-owner David Gold announced on Twitter that the club had made a big signing earlier today, and the 26-year old was presented to the fans before the Londoners’ Premier League clash against Southampton.
Song moved to Barcelona in the summer of 2012 for €19 million, after becoming a mainstay in Arsenal’s midfield and providing the bulk of the Gunners’ assists in 2011/12.
The Cameroonian’s stint in Barcelona has not been a successful one, however, and after making just 32 starts in his two seasons in Catalonia, the 2012/13 La Liga champions have deemed Song surplus to requirements.
This summer, Song was part of the Cameroon World Cup squad that endured an abysmal campaign, and the midfielder picked up a straight red for elbowing Mario Mandzukic in the back as his team lost 4-0 and ultimately finished last in Group A with zero points and a goal difference of -8.
The Indomitable Lions will be offered a chance at redemption when they commence their AFCON 2015 qualifying campaign away to DR Congo in a week’s time, but Song has not been included in the squad as he begins to serve his suspension.