Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Fathy debuts whilst Gomaa plays 90 minutes in Nacional’s first win of the season
It was an important game at the Estádio da Madeira as the hosts looked for their first win of the season after a catastrophic start which saw the Madeira side lose all of their league games, as well as getting eliminated early on from the Europa League after being defeated 5-2 on aggregate against Dinamo Minsk in the play-off stage of the competition.
Ali Fathy was included in the matchday squad for the first time against Arouca, starting the game on the bench alongside Mahmoud Ezzat, while Aly Ghazal wasn’t included in the match day squad as he was suspended after receiving a red card in Nacional’s previous game.
Saleh Gomaa was the only Egyptian on the pitch for the start of this game. The Nacionalistas quickly got on the score sheet when captain Mario Rondon recorded his first goal of the season in the 18th minute.
The second half saw Nacional score the second and final goal of the game when newcomer Hyun-Jun Suk also netted his first goal of the season.
Ali Fathy, who had started the game on the bench, came on in the 80th minute to play his first match for CD Nacional.
Saleh Gomaa who is producing a fine string of performances since the beginning of the season played the entire 90 minutes before getting subbed off in extra time making way for Willyan. Mahmoud Ezzat remained an unused sub with the final score ending 2-0.
CD Nacional will try to build on the momentum from this win as they face Estoril next weekend away from home with the hope recording their second win of the season.