Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Fathy debuts whilst Gomaa plays 90 minutes in Nacional’s first win of the season
It was an important game at the Estádio da Madeira as the hosts looked for their first win of the season after a catastrophic start which saw the Madeira side lose all of their league games, as well as getting eliminated early on from the Europa League after being defeated 5-2 on aggregate against Dinamo Minsk in the play-off stage of the competition.
Ali Fathy was included in the matchday squad for the first time against Arouca, starting the game on the bench alongside Mahmoud Ezzat, while Aly Ghazal wasn’t included in the match day squad as he was suspended after receiving a red card in Nacional’s previous game.
Saleh Gomaa was the only Egyptian on the pitch for the start of this game. The Nacionalistas quickly got on the score sheet when captain Mario Rondon recorded his first goal of the season in the 18th minute.
The second half saw Nacional score the second and final goal of the game when newcomer Hyun-Jun Suk also netted his first goal of the season.
Ali Fathy, who had started the game on the bench, came on in the 80th minute to play his first match for CD Nacional.
Saleh Gomaa who is producing a fine string of performances since the beginning of the season played the entire 90 minutes before getting subbed off in extra time making way for Willyan. Mahmoud Ezzat remained an unused sub with the final score ending 2-0.
CD Nacional will try to build on the momentum from this win as they face Estoril next weekend away from home with the hope recording their second win of the season.