The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Hegazy left out of Fiorentina’s Europa League squad
Fiorentina announced their 21-man squad for the Europa League as follows:
List A: Marcos Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Cuadrado, Gomez, Ilicic, Kurtic, Lazzari, Marin, Neto, Pasqual, Pizzaro, Richards, Gonzalo, Rossi, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Borja Valero, Vargas.
List B: Bangu, Bernardeschi, Gigli, Babacar, Lezeerini, Mancini.
The Egyptian defender was excluded from both lists which cast doubts over his future with the club.
Dubbed as the Egyptian Nesta, he made the switch from Ismaily to the Florence-based side in 2012’s summer transfer window for a reported fee of 1.5 million Euros.
However, the then 21-year-old was a victim of two successive knee injuries that sidelined him for most of his first oseasons with his new team.
Apart from a few friendlies, the 23-year-old only featured for the Viola on four occasions since he joined them, two years ago.
Despite not featuring regularly for his team Hegazy was almost always called up to the National team when fit. He’s named in Egypt’s 23-man-squad traveling to Senegal for Egypt’s first AFCON 2015 qualifier.