AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hegazy left out of Fiorentina’s Europa League squad
Fiorentina announced their 21-man squad for the Europa League as follows:
List A: Marcos Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Cuadrado, Gomez, Ilicic, Kurtic, Lazzari, Marin, Neto, Pasqual, Pizzaro, Richards, Gonzalo, Rossi, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Borja Valero, Vargas.
List B: Bangu, Bernardeschi, Gigli, Babacar, Lezeerini, Mancini.
The Egyptian defender was excluded from both lists which cast doubts over his future with the club.
Dubbed as the Egyptian Nesta, he made the switch from Ismaily to the Florence-based side in 2012’s summer transfer window for a reported fee of 1.5 million Euros.
However, the then 21-year-old was a victim of two successive knee injuries that sidelined him for most of his first oseasons with his new team.
Apart from a few friendlies, the 23-year-old only featured for the Viola on four occasions since he joined them, two years ago.
Despite not featuring regularly for his team Hegazy was almost always called up to the National team when fit. He’s named in Egypt’s 23-man-squad traveling to Senegal for Egypt’s first AFCON 2015 qualifier.