Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Hegazy left out of Fiorentina’s Europa League squad
Fiorentina announced their 21-man squad for the Europa League as follows:
List A: Marcos Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Cuadrado, Gomez, Ilicic, Kurtic, Lazzari, Marin, Neto, Pasqual, Pizzaro, Richards, Gonzalo, Rossi, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Borja Valero, Vargas.
List B: Bangu, Bernardeschi, Gigli, Babacar, Lezeerini, Mancini.
The Egyptian defender was excluded from both lists which cast doubts over his future with the club.
Dubbed as the Egyptian Nesta, he made the switch from Ismaily to the Florence-based side in 2012’s summer transfer window for a reported fee of 1.5 million Euros.
However, the then 21-year-old was a victim of two successive knee injuries that sidelined him for most of his first oseasons with his new team.
Apart from a few friendlies, the 23-year-old only featured for the Viola on four occasions since he joined them, two years ago.
Despite not featuring regularly for his team Hegazy was almost always called up to the National team when fit. He’s named in Egypt’s 23-man-squad traveling to Senegal for Egypt’s first AFCON 2015 qualifier.