Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Hegazy left out of Fiorentina’s Europa League squad
Fiorentina announced their 21-man squad for the Europa League as follows:
List A: Marcos Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Cuadrado, Gomez, Ilicic, Kurtic, Lazzari, Marin, Neto, Pasqual, Pizzaro, Richards, Gonzalo, Rossi, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Borja Valero, Vargas.
List B: Bangu, Bernardeschi, Gigli, Babacar, Lezeerini, Mancini.
The Egyptian defender was excluded from both lists which cast doubts over his future with the club.
Dubbed as the Egyptian Nesta, he made the switch from Ismaily to the Florence-based side in 2012’s summer transfer window for a reported fee of 1.5 million Euros.
However, the then 21-year-old was a victim of two successive knee injuries that sidelined him for most of his first oseasons with his new team.
Apart from a few friendlies, the 23-year-old only featured for the Viola on four occasions since he joined them, two years ago.
Despite not featuring regularly for his team Hegazy was almost always called up to the National team when fit. He’s named in Egypt’s 23-man-squad traveling to Senegal for Egypt’s first AFCON 2015 qualifier.