Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Hegazy left out of Fiorentina’s Europa League squad
Fiorentina announced their 21-man squad for the Europa League as follows:
List A: Marcos Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Cuadrado, Gomez, Ilicic, Kurtic, Lazzari, Marin, Neto, Pasqual, Pizzaro, Richards, Gonzalo, Rossi, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Borja Valero, Vargas.
List B: Bangu, Bernardeschi, Gigli, Babacar, Lezeerini, Mancini.
The Egyptian defender was excluded from both lists which cast doubts over his future with the club.
Dubbed as the Egyptian Nesta, he made the switch from Ismaily to the Florence-based side in 2012’s summer transfer window for a reported fee of 1.5 million Euros.
However, the then 21-year-old was a victim of two successive knee injuries that sidelined him for most of his first oseasons with his new team.
Apart from a few friendlies, the 23-year-old only featured for the Viola on four occasions since he joined them, two years ago.
Despite not featuring regularly for his team Hegazy was almost always called up to the National team when fit. He’s named in Egypt’s 23-man-squad traveling to Senegal for Egypt’s first AFCON 2015 qualifier.