Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Mokhtar brothers join Portuguese club Feirense
Mokhtar brothers Ahmed and Amr have signed for Portuguese second division side CD Feirense, the club’s official website confirmed.
Amr Mokhtar, 19, who signed for Gil Vicente from ENPPI and received the award for the club’s ‘Best Junior Player’ last season, and Ahmed Mokhtar, 21, who was at third division side AD Oliveirense, have joined Segunda Liga side Feirense on transfer deadline day.
Centre-back Amr scored four goals for Gil’s U-19 team last season and helped the club defeat Boavista in the Portuguese youth league final.
Meanwhile Ahmed, a striker, didn’t get the chance to impress for Oliveirense, as he was sidelined for the majority of the season with a knee injury.
Officially signed for feirense!! Looking forward to a new season and to playing with my bro @amrmokhtar4
— Ahmed Mokhtar (@Mokhtar9) September 1, 2014
First time to be with my brother @Mokhtar9 in the team.. Let's make Egypt proud
— Amr Mokhtar (@amrmokhtar4) September 1, 2014
The duo have both represented Egypt’s U-20 national team, and the older brother, Ahmed, was just ruled out of the squad for the African Youth Championship and the U-20 World Cup last year due to an injury.
In an interview with KingFut.com, Amr mentioned his dream to one day play in the English Premier League: “My long term goal is becoming a player in the national team and playing in the English Premier League, specifically Arsenal.”
Feirense were relegated from the Primeira Liga during the 2011/2012 season, and the young Egyptian brothers are hoping to help the side achieve promotion this season.
It won’t be an easy task, however, as the Santa Maria da Feira-based side are currently bottom of the table with one point from five games.