Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Mokhtar brothers join Portuguese club Feirense
Mokhtar brothers Ahmed and Amr have signed for Portuguese second division side CD Feirense, the club’s official website confirmed.
Amr Mokhtar, 19, who signed for Gil Vicente from ENPPI and received the award for the club’s ‘Best Junior Player’ last season, and Ahmed Mokhtar, 21, who was at third division side AD Oliveirense, have joined Segunda Liga side Feirense on transfer deadline day.
Centre-back Amr scored four goals for Gil’s U-19 team last season and helped the club defeat Boavista in the Portuguese youth league final.
Meanwhile Ahmed, a striker, didn’t get the chance to impress for Oliveirense, as he was sidelined for the majority of the season with a knee injury.
Officially signed for feirense!! Looking forward to a new season and to playing with my bro @amrmokhtar4
— Ahmed Mokhtar (@Mokhtar9) September 1, 2014
First time to be with my brother @Mokhtar9 in the team.. Let's make Egypt proud
— Amr Mokhtar (@amrmokhtar4) September 1, 2014
The duo have both represented Egypt’s U-20 national team, and the older brother, Ahmed, was just ruled out of the squad for the African Youth Championship and the U-20 World Cup last year due to an injury.
In an interview with KingFut.com, Amr mentioned his dream to one day play in the English Premier League: “My long term goal is becoming a player in the national team and playing in the English Premier League, specifically Arsenal.”
Feirense were relegated from the Primeira Liga during the 2011/2012 season, and the young Egyptian brothers are hoping to help the side achieve promotion this season.
It won’t be an easy task, however, as the Santa Maria da Feira-based side are currently bottom of the table with one point from five games.