Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Mokhtar brothers join Portuguese club Feirense
Mokhtar brothers Ahmed and Amr have signed for Portuguese second division side CD Feirense, the club’s official website confirmed.
Amr Mokhtar, 19, who signed for Gil Vicente from ENPPI and received the award for the club’s ‘Best Junior Player’ last season, and Ahmed Mokhtar, 21, who was at third division side AD Oliveirense, have joined Segunda Liga side Feirense on transfer deadline day.
Centre-back Amr scored four goals for Gil’s U-19 team last season and helped the club defeat Boavista in the Portuguese youth league final.
Meanwhile Ahmed, a striker, didn’t get the chance to impress for Oliveirense, as he was sidelined for the majority of the season with a knee injury.
Officially signed for feirense!! Looking forward to a new season and to playing with my bro @amrmokhtar4
— Ahmed Mokhtar (@Mokhtar9) September 1, 2014
First time to be with my brother @Mokhtar9 in the team.. Let's make Egypt proud
— Amr Mokhtar (@amrmokhtar4) September 1, 2014
The duo have both represented Egypt’s U-20 national team, and the older brother, Ahmed, was just ruled out of the squad for the African Youth Championship and the U-20 World Cup last year due to an injury.
In an interview with KingFut.com, Amr mentioned his dream to one day play in the English Premier League: “My long term goal is becoming a player in the national team and playing in the English Premier League, specifically Arsenal.”
Feirense were relegated from the Primeira Liga during the 2011/2012 season, and the young Egyptian brothers are hoping to help the side achieve promotion this season.
It won’t be an easy task, however, as the Santa Maria da Feira-based side are currently bottom of the table with one point from five games.