Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Morocco’s Oussama Assaidi returns to Stoke City on loan from Liverpool
The 26-year-old Moroccan winger will play at Stoke City for the second consecutive year, having spent the 2013/2014 season at the Britannia Stadium on loan from Liverpool.
Assaidi took part in 25 games at Stoke last season, scoring 6 goals, helping the Potters finish ninth in the Premier League – a club record-high.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) September 1, 2014
According to British media outlets, Stoke City were able to close the deal for the Moroccan winger for nearly 1 million pounds.
The Potters tried to make the deal permanent, but Stoke City’s chief Tony Scholes refused to match the £7million demanded by Liverpool, as per BBC Sport.
It’s also worth noting that Assaidi may not available for almost a month at the start of 2015 if he is chosen by his national team for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, which is to be held from 17 January to 8 February 2015 in his homeland of Morocco.