Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Morocco’s Oussama Assaidi returns to Stoke City on loan from Liverpool
The 26-year-old Moroccan winger will play at Stoke City for the second consecutive year, having spent the 2013/2014 season at the Britannia Stadium on loan from Liverpool.
Assaidi took part in 25 games at Stoke last season, scoring 6 goals, helping the Potters finish ninth in the Premier League – a club record-high.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) September 1, 2014
According to British media outlets, Stoke City were able to close the deal for the Moroccan winger for nearly 1 million pounds.
The Potters tried to make the deal permanent, but Stoke City’s chief Tony Scholes refused to match the £7million demanded by Liverpool, as per BBC Sport.
It’s also worth noting that Assaidi may not available for almost a month at the start of 2015 if he is chosen by his national team for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, which is to be held from 17 January to 8 February 2015 in his homeland of Morocco.