Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Morocco’s Oussama Assaidi returns to Stoke City on loan from Liverpool
The 26-year-old Moroccan winger will play at Stoke City for the second consecutive year, having spent the 2013/2014 season at the Britannia Stadium on loan from Liverpool.
Assaidi took part in 25 games at Stoke last season, scoring 6 goals, helping the Potters finish ninth in the Premier League – a club record-high.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) September 1, 2014
According to British media outlets, Stoke City were able to close the deal for the Moroccan winger for nearly 1 million pounds.
The Potters tried to make the deal permanent, but Stoke City’s chief Tony Scholes refused to match the £7million demanded by Liverpool, as per BBC Sport.
It’s also worth noting that Assaidi may not available for almost a month at the start of 2015 if he is chosen by his national team for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, which is to be held from 17 January to 8 February 2015 in his homeland of Morocco.