Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Morocco’s Oussama Assaidi returns to Stoke City on loan from Liverpool
The 26-year-old Moroccan winger will play at Stoke City for the second consecutive year, having spent the 2013/2014 season at the Britannia Stadium on loan from Liverpool.
Assaidi took part in 25 games at Stoke last season, scoring 6 goals, helping the Potters finish ninth in the Premier League – a club record-high.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) September 1, 2014
According to British media outlets, Stoke City were able to close the deal for the Moroccan winger for nearly 1 million pounds.
The Potters tried to make the deal permanent, but Stoke City’s chief Tony Scholes refused to match the £7million demanded by Liverpool, as per BBC Sport.
It’s also worth noting that Assaidi may not available for almost a month at the start of 2015 if he is chosen by his national team for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, which is to be held from 17 January to 8 February 2015 in his homeland of Morocco.