AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Morocco’s Oussama Assaidi returns to Stoke City on loan from Liverpool
The 26-year-old Moroccan winger will play at Stoke City for the second consecutive year, having spent the 2013/2014 season at the Britannia Stadium on loan from Liverpool.
Assaidi took part in 25 games at Stoke last season, scoring 6 goals, helping the Potters finish ninth in the Premier League – a club record-high.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) September 1, 2014
According to British media outlets, Stoke City were able to close the deal for the Moroccan winger for nearly 1 million pounds.
The Potters tried to make the deal permanent, but Stoke City’s chief Tony Scholes refused to match the £7million demanded by Liverpool, as per BBC Sport.
It’s also worth noting that Assaidi may not available for almost a month at the start of 2015 if he is chosen by his national team for the upcoming African Cup of Nations, which is to be held from 17 January to 8 February 2015 in his homeland of Morocco.