Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Shikabala left out, Rabia included in Sporting’s Champions League squad
This news doesn’t come as a surprise, but it does indicate that a move away from the Alvalade may happen sooner rather than later, with Zamalek rumoured to be the most likely destination.
The 28-year-old has not made a single appearance this season and does not feature in the coach Marco Silva’s plans – despite not being given the chance to impress.
Rami Rabia, who last week made his B team debut, has made the list. The defender recently underwent stomach surgery and is likely to be out of action for a month, but this hasn’t stopped Marco Silva including him in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Luís Ribeiro, Rui Patrício & Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: André Geraldes, Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Cédric, Maurício, Rabia, Jefferson, Sarr & Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: Adrien, William Carvalho, André Martins, João Mário, Oriol Rosell, Slavchev & Ryan Gauld;
Forwards: Heldon, Carlos Mané, Nani, Diego Capel, Carrillo, Montero, Sacko, Slimani & Tanaka.
Sporting’s first Champions League tie is against Maribor in Slovenia on the 17th September.