An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Shikabala left out, Rabia included in Sporting’s Champions League squad
This news doesn’t come as a surprise, but it does indicate that a move away from the Alvalade may happen sooner rather than later, with Zamalek rumoured to be the most likely destination.
The 28-year-old has not made a single appearance this season and does not feature in the coach Marco Silva’s plans – despite not being given the chance to impress.
Rami Rabia, who last week made his B team debut, has made the list. The defender recently underwent stomach surgery and is likely to be out of action for a month, but this hasn’t stopped Marco Silva including him in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Luís Ribeiro, Rui Patrício & Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: André Geraldes, Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Cédric, Maurício, Rabia, Jefferson, Sarr & Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: Adrien, William Carvalho, André Martins, João Mário, Oriol Rosell, Slavchev & Ryan Gauld;
Forwards: Heldon, Carlos Mané, Nani, Diego Capel, Carrillo, Montero, Sacko, Slimani & Tanaka.
Sporting’s first Champions League tie is against Maribor in Slovenia on the 17th September.