Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Shikabala left out, Rabia included in Sporting’s Champions League squad
This news doesn’t come as a surprise, but it does indicate that a move away from the Alvalade may happen sooner rather than later, with Zamalek rumoured to be the most likely destination.
The 28-year-old has not made a single appearance this season and does not feature in the coach Marco Silva’s plans – despite not being given the chance to impress.
Rami Rabia, who last week made his B team debut, has made the list. The defender recently underwent stomach surgery and is likely to be out of action for a month, but this hasn’t stopped Marco Silva including him in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Luís Ribeiro, Rui Patrício & Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: André Geraldes, Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Cédric, Maurício, Rabia, Jefferson, Sarr & Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: Adrien, William Carvalho, André Martins, João Mário, Oriol Rosell, Slavchev & Ryan Gauld;
Forwards: Heldon, Carlos Mané, Nani, Diego Capel, Carrillo, Montero, Sacko, Slimani & Tanaka.
Sporting’s first Champions League tie is against Maribor in Slovenia on the 17th September.