Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Shikabala left out, Rabia included in Sporting’s Champions League squad
This news doesn’t come as a surprise, but it does indicate that a move away from the Alvalade may happen sooner rather than later, with Zamalek rumoured to be the most likely destination.
The 28-year-old has not made a single appearance this season and does not feature in the coach Marco Silva’s plans – despite not being given the chance to impress.
Rami Rabia, who last week made his B team debut, has made the list. The defender recently underwent stomach surgery and is likely to be out of action for a month, but this hasn’t stopped Marco Silva including him in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Luís Ribeiro, Rui Patrício & Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: André Geraldes, Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Cédric, Maurício, Rabia, Jefferson, Sarr & Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: Adrien, William Carvalho, André Martins, João Mário, Oriol Rosell, Slavchev & Ryan Gauld;
Forwards: Heldon, Carlos Mané, Nani, Diego Capel, Carrillo, Montero, Sacko, Slimani & Tanaka.
Sporting’s first Champions League tie is against Maribor in Slovenia on the 17th September.