After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Shikabala left out, Rabia included in Sporting’s Champions League squad
This news doesn’t come as a surprise, but it does indicate that a move away from the Alvalade may happen sooner rather than later, with Zamalek rumoured to be the most likely destination.
The 28-year-old has not made a single appearance this season and does not feature in the coach Marco Silva’s plans – despite not being given the chance to impress.
Rami Rabia, who last week made his B team debut, has made the list. The defender recently underwent stomach surgery and is likely to be out of action for a month, but this hasn’t stopped Marco Silva including him in the squad.
Goalkeepers: Luís Ribeiro, Rui Patrício & Marcelo Boeck;
Defenders: André Geraldes, Esgaio, Paulo Oliveira, Cédric, Maurício, Rabia, Jefferson, Sarr & Jonathan Silva;
Midfielders: Adrien, William Carvalho, André Martins, João Mário, Oriol Rosell, Slavchev & Ryan Gauld;
Forwards: Heldon, Carlos Mané, Nani, Diego Capel, Carrillo, Montero, Sacko, Slimani & Tanaka.
Sporting’s first Champions League tie is against Maribor in Slovenia on the 17th September.